• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"Brian10956"
"Hynzie"thanks SEAN i may get a couple of those triggers ,,
Pat is shortening the LOP for you or the kids? I don’t know anything about the Rowan trigger but it seems like 1.5” is a big adjustment I would double check with Ken before getting. You can probably save a little by getting a thin recoil pad
To clarify further: the adjustable Rowan trigger only allowed for me to move the trigger blade rearward by 1/4” (dropping the LOP from 13” down to 12-3/4”). The drop from 14.25” down to 13” was completely done via the stock (in the wood) itself.

There doesn’t appear much room in the butt pad to shorten the LOP much, but perhaps one could find a way to eek out a 1/4” feom the butt pad by getting a thinner one?

Hope that is clearer now for anyone reading this...

Sean

Sean, moving an adj. trigger blade back 1/4" may provide better trigger control to someone with smaller hands but it does nothing to change LOP. Since the number of guns with adj. triggers is on the rise, LOP as measured from trigger blade to pad center may no longer be valid. A thinner pad or a steady hand with a sharp fine toothed saw are the only ways to actually reduce LOP. Uj

"Uglyjohn"Sean, moving an adj. trigger blade back 1/4" may provide better trigger control to someone with smaller hands but it does nothing to change LOP. Since the number of guns with adj. triggers is on the rise, LOP as measured from trigger blade to pad center may no longer be valid. A thinner pad or a steady hand with a sharp fine toothed saw are the only ways to actually reduce LOP. Uj
I guess I am still defining length of pull in the traditional sense as I understand it (and as Martin seemed to as well-since he nailed it spot on with my gun): measured from the nearest point of the butt pad (center of the arch) to the front of the trigger blade. Since the factory RAW trigger blade is not adjustable, and I ordered a gun with a 13" LOP, Martin tailored the stock to that dimension. When I received the gun, I measured that dimension specifically, and it was spot on at 13.0" on the money.

Having said all that, I understand where your comments are coming from. On modern guns that have adjustable length butt pads (I'm thinking Anschutz as I type this), they report the range of LOP in their specs. I don't know if this range includes the trigger blade positioning, fore-aft, or if its only the range of adjustment in the butt plate to a determined point on the trigger mechanism (I would guess to the mid-point of travel?).

Anyway, I'm not trying to start an argument on the topic, but when I spec'd it, Martin clearly understood what I meant and delivered accordingly. The additional comment regarding how that measurement changed was aimed at helping capture how far the trigger blade moves rearward towards the butt plate.

The definition I've used above also matches the images shown here. Full disclaimer: I have not read the entire article at the link to know whether I agree with it or not...

Sean

"aa_limited"the .22 will be amazing craig.. mines only a little 177. a bm500 with thimble.. I can do 10 shots at 50 yards smaller than my thumb nail all day long.. very group is smaller.
I bet your .22 will be wonderful. and you will be impressed.
​whats your shot count going to be craig at 30 foot pounds with 18 grain pellet
These claims you need to be a competitor!

shot count is 70 ish, 230 fill.

"nomojo65"I agree with you Ken, I’ve not been able to compete like I’d hoped this last year, but have been practicing... but after aa’s statement I think I should take up knitting...
No dout!! I remember he stating 1” at 100 yards with his .177. Dang!!!!! DAYUMmmm.
i cant do that! AA you should go to Az for EBR!

"SPAW"
"nomojo65"I agree with you Ken, I’ve not been able to compete like I’d hoped this last year, but have been practicing... but after aa’s statement I think I should take up knitting...
No dout!! I remember he stating 1” at 100 yards with his .177. Dang!!!!! DAYUMmmm.
i cant do that! AA you should go to Az for EBR!

A "dealer" dumping on a customer/shooter, ah the times they are a changing.

No one questions a .177 being able to group ( roughly 1" groups) at 100.
No one questions an RAW being able to do so. It's been done. Many times and often by a few shooters. Jump indoors and even a lowly shooter such as myself just might pull off 1" groups with a .177.

Maybe this forum member/airgun consumer shoots 100 yards all day everyday, say 1,000 shots, and, is a pretty good short? 
Just might get a few of those 1"ers everyday? Maybe there really 1" plus ( but well under 2" or 1-1/2" ) but the shooter counts anything that bbreaks a 1" circle even tho it's not ctc?
Maybe the person shoots groups only, all day every day?

What comp. should a "group" shooter enter?
BR with 1 shot groups?
FT?
silhouette ?

What would you as a dealer say if someone posted they get " 1" groups at 100m "( often enough) using a 65 year old crosman barrel and a home made rifle?

Maybe ( maybe not ) this poster should say " most of the time" or " often" or " well under 2" ? He certainly shoulodnt say " everytime" if running for office , oh wait, modern times.

Just anyone posting on the internet saying just anything is old hat but dealers too, shucks.

John

I know its a .30 cal, but this was my best group from that day of ahooting (had a break from the wind for this group)...

1527336518_19845852345b094e4628d7b4.71519879_E5C15D00-CE9C-495D-BD96-EE4B490F44BC.jpeg

I’m not trying to bash anyone on this forum!, And I’m sure most of you are better shooters than I especially ken and John, with that said I’ve shot enough .177 RAWS (own 3, 2-BM,1-TM No thimble!) and would not have the confidence to make a statement like that without being able to show pics or video of it being done ( all day long!) now if you want to get technical MY normal RIFLED LW BARRELED TM shooting 10.5 jsb is more accurate than the poly’s. Shooting 13.4’s (even commented to Martin about this!) but this is a group shooting situation! If you are shooting for SCORE, I believe you are better off with the wind bucking capabilities of the LW- POLY! But I’m shutting up now and staying off these forums for awhile!( just for reference I’d much rather shoot for GROUP vs. SCORE! And you do both from the bench W/O using a fixed 1 pc rest, to me these comp. guns - RAW, THOMAS top two in my opinion in 20fpe,YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE DOING TO YOUR PROJECTILE OR YOU ARE AT A TRUE DISADVANTAGE....