• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"223coyote"What caliber is the most purchased caliber? I'm looking for one and am thinking about 30 cal.
Probably the .25 cal (my guess), but if you consider global sales, then it may be .177 or .22 caliber. There is a .25 cal and a .30 cal in the classifieds right now-one with the bumblebee stock, the other with a LH action...

All,

Have you ever had a friend stop in to do some shooting and the dirty dog shoots your gun better than you do? LOL

Sean, AKA SMH77 was in town early this week on business and spent the evening at my house. We had a good time talking and shooting so beware if the boy ever gets to your neighborhood this guy can shoot.

Sean does a lot of work and reports in great detail, his findings to us and that's greatly appreciated. The time spent was enjoyable. On his ext visit I will have my new .22 HM1000x per Ken. I'm not sure if Sean will be allowed to shoot it. :)

Craig

Reactions: Glem.Chally
"jps2486"I fail to see the advantage of the offset moderator unless it is shorter than the round one. You have to carefully assemble the offset, otherwise it will put an asymmetric load on the barrel, IMO.

Very true statement on the assembly being more than just slapping it together for sure. I really wish that it would be an easier design to fit a simple screw on type moderator.

Craig

"crgabel"Sean can speak to how quite my AA S510 in .22 cal is with the flashlight moderator that i made for it. It is a simple screw on system. I only have .010" clearance from the pellet diameter to the clearance hole in the chamber dividers.
Craig
Craig is not joking: that custom moderator he made is extremely quiet! I was surprised to learn the housing for it was a flashlight body-but sure enough, it was. Did I say it was quiet?!? It really is impressive for sure!

Good question, any of his will work the issue is the connection point.

The problem for me is that I don't want to make the gun too much longer and I do not want to modify the original moderator tube either.

The design from new has a sleeve slid over the barrel and it is held on with a set screw. The sleeve is very tight to the barrel on mine and with the set screw loose I could not move it easily so i stopped before doing any damage.

If i can purchase a new cap that is at the very beginning of the moderator that connects to the carbon fiber sleeve which covers the barrel and move the sleeve I could manufacture new caps for both ends and incorporate a stud to make it screw on.

Craig

download.png
1526650925_16635330975afed82d8cc289.99392135_1526650882431-1926957379.jpg

thank you CRAIG i appreciate that,the red looks insane far from dull something about it that makes it pop ,,thinking seriously about getting the trifecta ,,by getting a 22,i know its crazy ,theres just something about theese rifles ,like i been put under some RAW rifle mystical spell ..if i do order a 22 , ill have no choice but to complete my set with a 177 \\\HYNZIE

performance out of the box is good.. for now i mounted a HAWKE VANTAGE 3 9 40 until i decide on a new glass , this 25 is beautiful the CFOS works great ,, the smack of the pellet is louder than the action.really impressed definately more yard friendly than my 30 cal ,tried PM KEN had ? on the ROWAN trigger ..may go with a TM stock on the next go around,,,worth the wait PAT