• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"SMH77"Ugh, I HATE goong mental!!! Anyone care to guess which was the last shot-the one I mistakenly ‘paused and thought about’!?! :angry:
1525829168_13357713995af24e30da9678.63291363_C2A189B5-895F-48BC-93FD-93997673616C.jpeg

Definitely nothing wrong with that Sean and the flyer is just a reminder to take it slow. I’ve had that happen when setting my finger and accidentally brushing the trigger a bit to hard but you are not that far from getting close to a 75 yard 1 hole 5 shot string if you keep doing what you are doing.
Again looking pretty sweet.

"SMH77"
I then decided to shoot the cow bell (@90 yards) lying prone with my fake Atlas bipod. So I threw my adapter on, laid down dialed in the correct adjustments (3.0 mil), and squeezed the shot off-hit the x first shot! Then another shot was slightly right if the first. I realized I was damaging the bell so I stopped at the point (can you tell which two shots were from the .30 caliber?!?!)...
1525549607_7896593365aee0a27cdef28.35208095_3C816E35-E77A-4E74-BF64-C5C411C2C53B.jpeg

Sorry guys, but I have to step back for a second and look at this shot again as an outsider (and pretend someone else shot it, so I can critique it honestly). Looking back at that picture, I'm actually pretty stinkin impressed with that first shot! That was from '90' (as in nine-zero) yards-not bench-rested, but rather lying prone on a concrete slab, using a fairly unstable fake Atlas bipod-and it was the very first shot that nailed that thing dead on! I simply ran the numbers for what compensation to dial in, adjusted the parallax setting, dialed in the 3 MIL adjustment from my 50 yard zero, and executed a solid shooting process-not looking at the target. It took me a second to realize it all came together, and a few seconds for the bell to slow its swing long enough for me to assess where the shot landed-all in the interim several of the club member oogling over how hard that .30 cal hit the bell (he, he, he...).

Now that I look back as an outsider, I've gotta say: that was one heck of a shot for sure!

And the second was equally impressive as the cowbell was swinging left to right-fully crossing over the center while it was swinging (I timed the shot for the swinging pendulum).

Anyway, sorry-not trying to sound my own horn, but there's something about that picture that is pretty satisfying to be honest-the colors, the shot location, knowing this was an honest (cold) shot while laying prone, and seeing the deep, deep indents compared to the other shots that had hit the bell already. There's a lot of high precision guns at that club, and there weren't really any shots close to the center of that target prior to that first shot either...

Alright, back to being over-critical of my shooting again... :|

Sean

How thick is the metal on the bell sean?
That .30 does put a wallup. I ended making a pellet stopper out of 1/4" hardened steel plate. It was free from work. It was an old plate that we used to carry 1.5 ton transmissions. One day while shooting at targets in the trap I decided to take a shot at the plate for fun. The angle of the plate was not quite 45, its about 60 degrees. So not all the energy was sunk into the plate. The plate was not going to dent anyway. I really wanted to see what the pellet looked liked after. There wasn't anything bigger than 1/8 × 1/8 inch pieces all over the bottoms.
I absolutely hated that trap. The plate was so thick it weighed over 50lbs just the plate alone.

"Rey"How thick is the metal on the bell sean?
That .30 does put a wallup. I ended making a pellet stopper out of 1/4" hardened steel plate. It was free from work. It was an old plate that we used to carry 1.5 ton transmissions. One day while shooting at targets in the trap I decided to take a shot at the plate for fun. The angle of the plate was not quite 45, its about 60 degrees. So not all the energy was sunk into the plate. The plate was not going to dent anyway. I really wanted to see what the pellet looked liked after. There wasn't anything bigger than 1/8 × 1/8 inch pieces all over the bottoms.
I absolutely hated that trap. The plate was so thick it weighed over 50lbs just the plate alone.
Wow, that is one heavy duty backstop! I need to make a couple of those for my targets since the .30 (& .25) cal rip tight through the wood and I’ve been hitting a young oak tree at times that I don’t want to injure.

I don’t know how thick the bell was, but I’d guess about .100” or so, maybe (if even)? It really does hit hard...

Hopefully I can shoot again today if tge rain stops...

Sean

"crgabel"Here is what my .25 did today at 65 yards.
1526158184_10341297225af753683dac43.38489581_Hog 4.JPG

The .25 hits harder than I thought it would. entered behind the ear came out the forehead.
The shadow over the photo is my neighbor.
Craig
Wow, totally jealous Craig-that’s awesome!! Great shot!

my neighbor just told my wife ahe has two large ones in her yard that she wants gone-but she told her husband he can’t shoot them. So that also means I can’t shoot them either, grrr...

Awesome shot for sure-those suckers are really tough!

Sean

Ok I’ve been a bit ruff with my 357 stock and gave it another small scratch so now I’ve decided to look for a right hand walnut thumb hole stock for it so if anyone here knows of one please let me know, if it wasn’t a custom Blue stock I wouldn’t be so concerned but it’s one of two as far as I know so I need to replace it and keep it safe from me...Need to put some sort of clear coat on it to keep it from scratching but not sure what to use anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.