• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

0973dcdecb911db06ba4592c5511c14a.jpg
sorry guys I just realized the other pic did not upload.
Thanks imold

Thanks guys!!!
Thanks alot to Ken, Brian, Martin, Sandra and all the other guys I PM asking about there raw. All your input helped me pick this gun. Wish I could take all the credit this gun is the best pellet gun I have ever owned. The wind today was easy to shoot. A constant steady breeze at my 6. Being here in HI makes it easy to shoot. Weather here right now is low 80 day and about mid 60 night. It gets colder in the mountains when hunting about low 40s. Got some family in the mid east and boy they are getting punished. They didnt go get the mail because it was to cold. Sorry about the weather guys.
You guys are right! The more I use the gun the easier the trigger gets. The trigger is just nice.

62e5f9d3ee529182186d950181046558.jpg
UglyjohnImold I'm also shooting from inside the house with similar Mn temps. Are you having the same problem with the escaping heat waves distorting target view? Causes a "now it's clear now it's not" problem even at 6X. Still beats the crap out of sitting outside. Chill factor -23 right now.
Naw I’m getting a good site pic,think it’s because my door is on the south west corner of my home and the heat loss is pushed to the left of me,if my door was more in the middle or east side I would probably get the same thing your talking about but being the breeze or any wind hits the west corner it keeps my scope pic clear. You can see in my pic I’m up against the west side of my room facing south. My muzzle sits about 1 foot inside my door and I set the Chrono right outside the door so muzzle to Chrono is about 18” or around there.

"Imold"I think I’ll clean some of that hutch off to the right in the pic and set my 74cf tank there and it will keep it warm,better then the cold wood floor by the door,have a pretty good wave of cold air coming in low to the point you need warm shoes or your feet get real cold and I think that might effect my air supply maybe, I’ll find out later.
(Edited wording for clarification)

Part of the dynamic you are likely dealing with is the tank air getting colder-thus having less 'stored energy' that gets released with each shot. Effectively that tank getting cold could be driving your muzzle velocity lower-just as it would if your gun was out in the cold. Just a thought.

Also, I wonder if there's any dynamic with the chrony sitting out in the cold affecting the speed of its operation, and thus the speeds it records (total wild guess here)?

In any case, trust that Martin has set the gun's velocity correctly (at his ambient temp) and let see what happens when things warm up on Sunday and into next week. If correct, the speed should already improve a little with even that small of a warmup.

Sean

"SMH77"
"Imold"I think I’ll clean some of that hutch off to the right in the pic and set my 74cf tank there and it will keep it warm,better then the cold wood floor by the door,have a pretty good wave of cold air coming in low to the point you need warm shoes or your feet get real cold and I think that might effect my air supply maybe, I’ll find out later.
(Edited wording for clarification)
Part of the dynamic you are likely dealing with is the tank air getting colder-thus having less 'stored energy' that gets released with each shot. Effectively that tank getting cold could be driving your muzzle velocity lower-just as it would if your gun was out in the cold. Just a thought.
Also, I wonder if there's any dynamic with the chrony sitting out in the cold affecting the speed of its operation, and thus the speeds it records (total wild guess here)?
In any case, trust that Martin has set the gun's velocity correctly (at his ambient temp) and let see what happens when things warm up on Sunday and into next week. If correct, the speed should already improve a little with even that small of a warmup.
Sean
I went and put a blanket around my air tank and moved in farther in the house and I did think about the cold on the Chrono but that works of sensors but I’ll put it just inside the door and see what I get but I believe what your saying is close to spot on...Gosh I love to hate this hobby/sport....

"Hynzie"off the subject for a second im using a new air venturi compressor ,and i need to set up a filter system,,you guys got any thoughts on the way this should be done thanks pat
You could buy one of those filters from airtanksforsale and mount it vertically on the side of the AV, I know there are a few different filters out there as far as cost goes but non are cheap.http://www.airtanksforsale.com/AlphaFilter/

Look up the legal issues and the attitude of the society regarding guns. There are an estimated 300 million guns in the usa.and growing. England it is unlawful to keep a gun in your home
the loophole is what is a gun.
The air rifle industry is in it's infancy here in usa. 
The reason Japan did not invade the mainland at the on set of WW!! ,was there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. 
Gun ownership is our only protection from those who desire to rule over us. God bless the constitution and our bill of rights. 
I own two Raws and have another on order. .177,.25 &.30 cal. 
Thanks to the families that produce such a fine piece.