• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"Hynzie"wow the recomended plano case just showed up thanks HOTBRASS.. its freakin awesome.. i feel like i shoud get a set of handcuffs and strap it to my wrist ..like in the war pictures the spies do with valuables..,lol, now the tuff part preparing it ,,man im glad i got this model,,just ordered a smaller one same design for my FX WILDCAT ON ITS WAY TO ME . UTAH AIR shipped it today.. did i say i love this case,,lol,i pulled that buyers guide off MARK B FORUMS here on AGN
You are welcome. I have a smaller version for my Cricket. These cases are built tough.

"Salticon"
"Hynzie"Guys im having second thoughts on a newky orderd 25 cal hm1000x lrt from martin i have a 30 cal hm1000x lrt .just thinking im getting amost the same gun.would like something different
I have a .22 poly on order for Craig, i think im more excited then he is...its going to be sweet! i'll be discussing my test rifle with Martin in a few weeks in Tenn, going there for some training. i want to take the .22 to higher powers with the 25gr 875-925 fps pellets and bullets.. should be interesting!

Salti, Trust me I'm plenty excited about the new order. I appreciate everyone's input and the photos are a great help. Thank You!
I'll try to come up with a choice and get ready for the .22 to arrive.

Tibor, That looks like a great sport. Thanks for the photo.

Craig

so still not 100 % on my order ,i will take the weekend make some calls and confirm ,,,im pretty sure im doin the right thing getting a 25 to pair with the 30,,the 30 cal reg is set to 140,,, the 25 cal is 130 ,,,in order to run a 30 and 25 barrel on the same gun swapping them you need to set the reg to 140,,which is not the most efficent for the 25 cal ,wich was designed around a certain pellet ,and to have the reg set to 130,,,im curios if its hard to get to the reg to adjust ,,maybe MARTIN would sell a reg tester ,,i imagine he can make em with his knowledge and tools KEN i hope you can convince MARTIN to do some custom work like you showed us ,,i had him add stippling all along and under side of the forend and down the sides about a inch high ,good for the little free hand i do, do of my 30 cal hm1000x lrt ,free hand im suprised to see so little of it being done ,

Pat, I don’t see a problem at all with owning both the .25 cal and .30 cal. Both have their places in my opinion. I now have both and, from my limited time, see a place for them both. The .30 does really hit harder, but the .25 shoots very, very well. The .25 is cheaper to shoot also.

Actually, on this topic-as you know from my past posts, I sent my .25 cal LW setup back and had Martin increase the power and swap the barrel for the .25 cal polygon barrel, along with a .30 cal LW barrel. I had Martin set aside my .25 cal barrel for me, but I am now going to get that barrel back from him as well-so i will have 3 barrels for the same gun. I just couldn’t part ways with a barrel that I know shoots lights out (best 5 shot 50 yard group of .125” ctc). This was shot with JSB ‘lites’ at 950 fps.

Question for anyone with a .25 cal and the non-plugin barrel installed on it: how fast have you shot pellets through the normal LW barrel? Which pellets have you tried? What speed do groups start to open up through this barrel?

Sean

JSB 25.39s Shooting 950 is Nice my Wildcat average is 902 fps and I haven’t checked My Bullboss or BT65SB Elite QE, but Sean is right nothing wrong with owning both the 25 and 30 especially if you don’t have a big bore already and like I’ve said before I have the 25-357 and 45 so fitting the 30 in there is a tuff call for me but if I can get a 30 with a 25 Barrel that will shoot 950 I’m in but then I need to look at selling a couple other 25s,at least that’s the way I see it.

"Imold"JSB 25.39s Shooting 950 is Nice my Wildcat average is 902 fps and I haven’t checked My Bullboss or BT65SB Elite QE, but Sean is right nothing wrong with owning both the 25 and 30 especially if you don’t have a big bore already and like I’ve said before I have the 25-357 and 45 so fitting the 30 in there is a tuff call for me but if I can get a 30 with a 25 Barrel that will shoot 950 I’m in but then I need to look at selling a couple other 25s,at least that’s the way I see it.
Just so I’m clear too-the 25.4’s shooting at 950 fps was before I sent the gun back to Martin, so that was when the regulator, etc was set to deliver 50 fpe (probably would have gone higher yet, but I didn’t try it).

Now that the gun is set for 60 fpe in .25 cal, it will like not shoot the 25.4’s at under 1000 fps. I can check by sending one across the chrony when it get above ‘0F’ again, LOL.

That would be great Sean.
I just did a 42 shot string tethered at 230/3300psi and this is what I showed with my HMx .357 regulated to 130ft/lbs.
Hi - 840
Lo - 817
Av - 828
Es - 23
Sd - 3
I’m not big into numbers and for the most part I just like to be on target. Think 817 was 1st shot being they went up after that to 832 - 826 area but I’ll see if I can load the string from my digital link, keep forgetting I have it now....

5507676cca4e31b0d2510efbbbe0c1e4.jpg
 What is she capable of??? Wow!!! Great gun!!! First two/only 5 shot groups at 95yds. The only thing i did was wash my pellets. Other than that it was straight out of the tin. Did not measure head size or weigh. After shooting this thing out in the open and not out of my garage I understand why Martin asked me why I wanted this thing quieter. The target I used was a sand bag target so it was quiet on the impact. But when I went to shooting full pop cans, it exploded. The impact on certain targets are going to be way louder than shot itself. Lol I Would not mind it being quieter though. Pellet is so big you can actually see the arc it has during flight. First big bore I purchased.

"Imold"If I’m not mistaken thats only about 123 foot pounds so what next or is that where it’s going to be..I buy Airguns to shoot not to work on but if there is a simple adjustment I can make I’ll do it....
Jim,

What’s next? I will say this: your velocity right now is low, and that’s ok and normal due to the cold temps. Just sit tight and it will come back up to where it should be-don’t adjust anything right now. When Martin was dialing out guns in (in Minor Hill, TN) the temps were around 50-60F during that time. Mine showed up low as well, and a half turn in on the hammer spring (screw on the back of the action) brought it back up (actually a littl too high) down in my ~20F temps. I will need to turn mine back down later, but for now I am leaving it be.

I just wanted to pass that along before you are concerned it isn’t making the right power or velocity. It will improve as it warms up a bit.

set up my new swfa scope and put the sideshot on my 30 cal ,,,put a small nick in the stock ,,thought i was gonna have a big mac attack ,,its gonna happen could be worse, like the night i woke up to find my new little puppy on my bed, chewing on the black rubber foam RAW sends there rifles in ,he could of easily chosen the stock or rubber shoulder pad ,he was laying on the stock ,,i had a total freak out, yelled so loud ,my pup shot off the bed like he was fired from a cannon ,,my pup is my buddy wants to sleep behind my pillows every night,,a little skittish first, now hes good around the airguns ,the only thing he dont like is when i take the bottle off my RAW,,pops like a m.80