• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid RAW Regulator Settings

I think you might get best results with your reg set at 150-160. My 25 LOVES the 33.95 JSB original shooting around 900 FPS. Probably somewhere between 860-920 FPS. Every barrel is different. Usually the rifle gets louder with more speed. As you make the pellets go faster, they will most likely get louder as you go. I'm sure you will love the RAW, I have a few of them, possibly more! :)
Thx
Dan
P.S. I see you went with the Huma Regulator. All of my numbers are from using the RAW regulator. So there is that if you get different numbers. But that should be a good starting point regardless of brand of regulator. Good luck!

The only way I know to approach tuning is to first determine the velocity that shoots best with a specific pellet. Just play with HST until you find that velocity, which is then your target for tuning. That target velocity should be about 95% of the maximum velocity attainable at the final setting. So, if you want 870 fps. change the reg setting until you find the level that will give around 915 at the highest HST, then back the HST down to 870. That general balance should yield an efficient shot count. Don't know about sound level, but I expect it will generally follow velocity.