RAW - Rapid Air Weapon HM1000X .25 owners, barrel questions?

"Dirte"
"Imold"That maple is going to make a nice stock can't wait to see it done, I almost went with a LRT stock on my HMx .357 but went with a special order Blue Laminate and cut into a Thumbhole stock and if this turns out I'll be getting a .25 next year with a LRT stock but not sure on color.
I have not seen the wood in person. I had it directly shipped to RAW. I requested no stipple, and no finish be applied. I wanted to use my own product. This one is going to be cut as a thumb-hole stock. I figured with already having a LRT already that I could swap stocks between the .22 and the .25 due to the fact that they are both HMX receivers.
I thought about doing the same thing if I get a HMx .25 with the LRT stock. Is Martin going to send you pics? If so make sure to post them,it will be interesting to see what it looks like and I like the idea of finishing the stock in your own color/stain- finish....Should post them under Pats thread - RAW REPORT....

"Imold"
"Dirte"
"Imold"That maple is going to make a nice stock can't wait to see it done, I almost went with a LRT stock on my HMx .357 but went with a special order Blue Laminate and cut into a Thumbhole stock and if this turns out I'll be getting a .25 next year with a LRT stock but not sure on color.
I have not seen the wood in person. I had it directly shipped to RAW. I requested no stipple, and no finish be applied. I wanted to use my own product. This one is going to be cut as a thumb-hole stock. I figured with already having a LRT already that I could swap stocks between the .22 and the .25 due to the fact that they are both HMX receivers.
I thought about doing the same thing if I get a HMx .25 with the LRT stock. Is Martin going to send you pics? If so make sure to post them,it will be interesting to see what it looks like and I like the idea of finishing the stock in your own color/stain- finish....Should post them under Pats thread - RAW REPORT....
I will post up some pictures when done. With figured maple sometimes a stain applied first and sanded back, then oiled will make the figure stand out even more. I just wanted the option to do what I wanted with it. My last LRT was finished by them. They applied the oil to get a satin finish. I went back over it a month ago with 3-4 coats of tung oil to get a semigloss finish, and it really made the stock stand out. I did this to a few other rifles as well.

So since we’re showing pics, here’s mine. I’m a shorty, and shoot with my kids so I have a 13” LOP from RAW.

19a4387198c4540f131a8c25c0423c9d.jpg

And here’s my best group to date: .125” ctc shooting 25.4 grn JSB’s at 950 fps. 5 shots, 50 yards.

8ba53acf3863f955f35a433f649044c9.jpg

Its currently back at RAW with Martin getting converted to the 60 fpe version (polygon barrel), with a .30 cal setup ready for easy swap. Based on this thread, should I mark the orientation of the barrel when I take it out, or does the HM1000x only allow one orientation?

Sean

"SMH77"So since we’re showing pics, here’s mine. I’m a shorty, and shoot with my kids so I have a 13” LOP from RAW.

19a4387198c4540f131a8c25c0423c9d.jpg

And here’s my best group to date: .125” ctc shooting 25.4 grn JSB’s at 950 fps. 5 shots, 50 yards.

8ba53acf3863f955f35a433f649044c9.jpg

Its currently back at RAW with Martin getting converted to the 60 fpe version (polygon barrel), with a .30 cal setup ready for easy swap. Based on this thread, should I mark the orientation of the barrel when I take it out, or does the HM1000x only allow one orientation?

Sean

Sean, great shooting and that stock is gorgeous, especially that fore stock section. Keep us posted on the 30cal conversion.
jk