RAW HMX Parts (Pics of inner Guts)

Dirte, 

i recently bought a HW1000x for a friend of mine.

It’s a .30, to much for my liking ... .22 is my kind of a thing, but since he doesnot own a car i went the 200 in total, yep he’s my buddy so what could i do .. say no?! hardly.

But here’s the problem.

The regulator was pulled in order to shoot with an external one.

So now i have place it back inside the airgun.

Can give me instructions how to do so?

I am technically skilled in repairing about anything from powertools to engines and have experiance withservicing springpowered airguns.

But this is my first PCP to handle.

After reading your article i thought .. lets ask Dirte for help.

i think with some pointers i’ll manage.

the o rings were recently replaced the former owner told. also he never fidled with it.

the gun looks like new.. now wear tear or scratches.

cheers,

BlowgunXXL

Dirte, 

i recently bought a HW1000x for a friend of mine.

It’s a .30, to much for my liking ... .22 is my kind of a thing, but since he doesnot own a car i went the 200 in total, yep he’s my buddy so what could i do .. say no?! hardly.

But here’s the problem.

The regulator was pulled in order to shoot with an external one.

So now i have place it back inside the airgun.

Can give me instructions how to do so?

I am technically skilled in repairing about anything from powertools to engines and have experiance withservicing springpowered airguns.

But this is my first PCP to handle.

After reading your article i thought .. lets ask Dirte for help.

i think with some pointers i’ll manage.

the o rings were recently replaced the former owner told. also he never fidled with it.

the gun looks like new.. now wear tear or scratches.

cheers,

BlowgunXXL

Here is a link on the THEOBEN which is basically the same. The regulator is just under the bottle and the fill/gauge assembly which slides off. Just be careful (3000 psi will kill you) about the pressure. If it has been modified I would make sure everything is free of pressure before I proceed. https://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/guides/service-guides/theoben-rapid-mkii-service-guide/a-service-guide-for-the-theoben-rapid-mkii/

All stock should be that way, mas production is the reason most all fit SO loose. A good custom stock - any rifle- should be tight enough to hang off the action with fasteners, and, have no negative effects on grouping. Tight is right, I personally would not remove any wood, just me. John

Yep, agreed, just put a little talcum powder in the stock and massage it in, the block will slide in and out with ease.

Bb

I also had trouble removing the action for all three of my RAWs until I called Martin and he advised me how to do it. After removing the stock bolt, just grab the barrel and pull up levering the action out. It worked! Here's a picture of the hammer stack up of parts which may be helpful too.

1562945876_7397861875d28a9545839b0.75758887_TM Hammer Stack.jpg

Reactions: stoti
I also had trouble removing the action for all three of my RAWs until I called Martin and he advised me how to do it. After removing the stock bolt, just grab the barrel and pull up levering the action out. It worked! Here's a picture of the hammer stack up of parts which may be helpful too.

1562945876_7397861875d28a9545839b0.75758887_TM Hammer Stack.jpg

That is a lighter hammer and inertia front a Tm 1000, the hm 1000 are different.

i don’t like the double spring arrangement and I definitely don’t like the cut unfinished main spring, IMO this is not what I would expect from a gun of this quality and price tag.

Bb

I have a question, I just got my RAW .357 back from the gunsmith (cracked stock) I fired the gun and then all the air leaked out of the barrel. Any suggestions?

It could be that there was not much air left in the bottle, when you took a shot, the pressure dropped, the valve was then pushed opened by the heavy hammer spring. If it does it again immediately cock the gun and that will take the hammer pressure off the valve 

Bb

My HM 1000 is very snug too. I found the best technique, after removing the action screw, hold upright by scope (action or barrel if scope is removed) and with my free hand, give the stock a pretty good slap or two at the top of the comb, once loose, mine comes apart with only moderate pressure. Mine appears to have a pretty thick coat of sealer on the inside, but after being disassembled a few times, it's not a problem. If the action is as tight as some are reported, removing a little wood is probably fine, but those areas should be sealed well after the work. It has been my experience, most PCP actions, and especially the tanks (like RAW), are not sensitive to attaching torque or fit. Obviously, you don't want an extreme binding, but otherwise, as long as it's not moving in the action when fired, I believe it just doesn't make much difference. My Red Wolf and Veteran literally fall apart when the screws are removed, and they are both very accurate. And my cartridge rifles are the same way. If the bedding is good, they should fall apart when the screws are removed. So, with the RAW, I think it gets down to owner preference, it's not going to be a factor in performance.