• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW hmx 1000 help

Hello All, 

Have just got a RAW .25 Cal and sighted in for dead on with the JSB 33.95 King heavy pellet @ 75 yards but it drops 5" more inches at 100.

Has anyone got one and had to turn up the hammer spring pressure? I don't have a chronograph but it's brand new so shouldn't it be around 900 fps? I tried contacting Martin but airforce will not let anyone converse with him. So have no avenue to talk with the manufacturer, kind of annoyed with the lack of communication for a $2200 rifle

Any help would be appreciated

John Borg

I put the numbers in ChairGun and going by your zero at 75 and the drop of 5”s at 100 it looks like your doing a little more then 900fps. 
1586828405_16814257905e951475cdcc37.68313618.jpeg

Thank you guys for the Replies!!

Ok just did a bit more testing and it actually is a 7" drop in that 25 yards but from your responses it looks there is nothing wrong I'm waiting for a better day with out as much wind as the lateral spread @100 is 2.5".

I have been using a hatsan airmax .22 (my first PCP) with FX 22 grain slugs and have got some amazing groups with what is a much flatter trajectory just have to get used to this one. Really appreciate your prompt responses!!

Regards John Borg

I have attempted to shoot several different slugs through mine, including NSA, Varmint Knockers and others, and while I can get it to group "close" to as good as with the King Heavy 33.95s, not quite as good and certainly not any better. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on trying slugs out of the RAW barrel based upon my extensive experience of trying.

Have fun - great rifle, simple, and built like a tank. 

I have attempted to shoot several different slugs through mine, including NSA, Varmint Knockers and others, and while I can get it to group "close" to as good as with the King Heavy 33.95s, not quite as good and certainly not any better. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on trying slugs out of the RAW barrel based upon my extensive experience of trying.

Have fun - great rifle, simple, and built like a tank.

We've actually had really excellent results with slugs out of the Polygon Rifled barrels that we are using on all the .22 and .25 guns. I as well as Travis at Airgun Depot and Justin at Utah Airgun have all had very good success with some of the lighter NSA slugs as well as the H&N's (I can't remember off the top of my head which weights and diameters, I have it in my notes back in our range and will get that info and post it here in as soon as I get a chance) 

@Jacko, as to your call yesterday, I was able to pull it up and listen to it. Rachel was trying to get some information from you to get you taken care of and without even giving her a chance to help you, you ended the call rather abruptly before even giving Rachel a chance to try and help. I've posted out customer service policies and procedures here on the forums many times and I will do so again. Martin does not take customer phone calls any longer. The major reason is that he was spending more time on the phone then building rifles, so at his request, all customer service calls are filtered through Rachel and Leah first. Both Rachel and Leah have been in the airgun industry for 10+ years and are very knowledgable, however, in the event that a question can't be answered by them right away, they can either get the answer from me ( my office is right outside theirs so it takes them a matter of seconds to ask) or they can email Martin to get you an answer if the question is very technical in nature. This has been our policy and procedure since we partnered with RAW over 2 years ago. A question about the velocity and hammer spring adjustment is certainly within their scope of knowledge and had you let Rachel get some more information from you we could have got you an answer on the phone yesterday. I'm not saying the system is perfect, we are working with Rachel and Leah to give them more training and hands-on time with the rifles so they can continue to be best equipped to answer your questions. I am also sure that Martin would love to be able to talk to every customer, but in the end, it would mean that rifles get built at a snail's pace as he is still assembling and testing each rifle before it leaves our hands. I am in the middle of a really cool project cataloging a lot of Martins more commonly answered questions into a new section on the website that will be basically a knowledge center that people can use to find information about how to best work on RAW rifles but its a very big project and I'm still a few months out of it being done but I'm hoping that will be a good quick reference so folks don't feel like they need to call in. Thank you again for buying a RAW rifle, it sounds like it's working well and you are seeing expected accuracy, If you have questions please don't hesitate to call us again or you can always message me here on the forums. 

~Cameron 

I agree I tried an NSA sample box of slugs and the best group at 50 yards was 23 mm ctc with the 29.2 grain.

The king heavy were half that, have any of you guys tried playing with the hammer spring adjustment on the RAW to get a flatter trajectory?

Your hammer spring adjustment is more for fine-tuning the velocities, if you are wanting to adjust it, I would not recommend adjusting it more then about a complete turn or so. Its really just meant to fine-tune the hammer pulse. You would probably be better off trying to adjust the reg but my experience with both NSA Slugs and FX Hybrids is that pushing them any faster than about 950 has shown a diminishing rate of return, you really don't gain that much in the trajectory realm and you start to lose a lot in shot count/air use. I have had my personal HM shooting hybrids at about 970 and have had the best results as far as a balance of shot count an accuracy, but your mileage may vary, every gun is a little different and I'm working with a .22 not a .25. I can do some testing with the .25 but I will need to get the slugs here as all I have on hand at the shop right now is .22's