RAW Rapid RAW HM1000x

Hi Everyone
I am Clifford form South Africa

I am new on this site .
From what i have read so far it the site to ask PCP questions , everyone is very helpful

I have a RAW HM1000x in .22
I am struggling to get consistent results at 50m
Could any one please give a starting point on the reg pressure for a JSB match Jumbo Monster redesigned 25.39 pellet .

Thank you

It may not be you or the rifle... The consistency of the 25.39 MRD's are currently terrible. Huge variations in weight and head sizes in a tin. When i weighed them out..25.4g was barely the majority with weights from 24.7 to 25.95. With this kind of variation, your shots will be off. In a few weeks, JSB pellets will release new pellets in .22. Martin has recommended the MRD's with the Shallow Skirt for thr RAW's. I am also looking forwards to get the heavier 28g Grands for 100yd testing.
i don't know what my reg pressure is but ES =23.2 SD = 3.81 avg 889 fps
Mike

It may not be you or the rifle... The consistency of the 25.39 MRD's are currently terrible. Huge variations in weight and head sizes in a tin. When i weighed them out..25.4g was barely the majority with weights from 24.7 to 25.95. With this kind of variation, your shots will be off. In a few weeks, JSB pellets will release new pellets in .22. Martin has recommended the MRD's with the Shallow Skirt for thr RAW's. I am also looking forwards to get the heavier 28g Grands for 100yd testing.
Mike

I agree with the above. I get better results with the rangemasters of the same weight.

Reactions: rsfrid
Mike
I agree with you on this one. I had big variations as well . I tried to shoot withe the same weight groups to see the difference and could not shoot a good score at the benchrest unlimited event 235 out of 250.
We here in South Africa have to wait even longer for everything we need form other parts of the world. Ha ha

Hey Clifford,
My 22 cal. RAW 1000x shoots 18.13 grain JSB's better vs. the 25.39's.
IIRC, my regulator is set for 125/130 bar; which is enough pressure to get 18.13 and 25.39's to 910 fps.
You should be able to get 1 MOA at 50 yards without too much trouble and 1 MOA at 100 yards with much effort.

Of course I am using a SSG, have installed peek regulator/valve components and very much cleaned/polished my barrel and extended my HSA range. I didn't start getting nice groups until I dialed down the power, watched my technique, lubed and sorted pellets by weight.

Hey Clifford,
My 22 cal. RAW 1000x shoots 18.13 grain JSB's better vs. the 25.39's.
IIRC, my regulator is set for 125/130 bar; which is enough pressure to get 18.13 and 25.39's to 910 fps.
You should be able to get 1 MOA at 50 yards without too much trouble and 1 MOA at 100 yards with much effort.

Of course I am using a SSG, have installed peek regulator/valve components and very much cleaned/polished my barrel and extended my HSA range. I didn't start getting nice groups until I dialed down the power, watched my technique, lubed and sorted pellets by weight.
Thank you for your advice. I appreciate.
I don't understand the abbreviations you used. would you please elaborate.

I agree with you on this one. I had big variations as well . I tried to shoot withe the same weight groups to see the difference and could not shoot a good score at the benchrest unlimited event 235 out of 250.
We here in South Africa have to wait even longer for everything we need form other parts of the world. Ha ha
Clifford,
If you can shoot a 235 at 50 yards/meters and consider that "not good", you shouldn't listen to me..... You're already better than me (y) .
You need to talk to the top bench shooters and or Motorhead on a proper RAW set-up of the HM1000x.

Reactions: mubhaur
Thank you
I do weigh the 25.39 pellets but did not try the 18.13 pellets yet.
with all the information thus far, I think I'll be doing better.
Also, i do not recommend the FX 25.39g pellets. These have same problem.
I have an OLD stock of 18.1g pellets, and i agree that they have a better percision. But i am not aware if the current 18.1g are having problems. At 50, you going to get more wind drift, but the main focus would be getting rid of flyers. Even weighed and sized, i got a flyer with the 25.39g. These were at 100yds, but it only magnifies the problems. I have shot the 18.1 in 25 benchrest with excellent results, but I didn't do 50 that often.
Hope this helps
Mike

The rifle was serviced by the dealer I bought the rifle from. it is a person I trust and is very good with Air rifles.
I do however clean the barrel after 50 shots
The dirty, greasy hammer is often overlooked even by tuners. The hammer and associated parts should be de-greased, then apply a light coating of a very light lubricant. No heavy oils here. When you remove the hammer assembly, note how all the parts go together and take a photo.

Also, i do not recommend the FX 25.39g pellets. These have same problem.
I have an OLD stock of 18.1g pellets, and i agree that they have a better percision. But i am not aware if the current 18.1g are having problems. At 50, you going to get more wind drift, but the main focus would be getting rid of flyers. Even weighed and sized, i got a flyer with the 25.39g. These were at 100yds, but it only magnifies the problems. I have shot the 18.1 in 25 benchrest with excellent results, but I didn't do 50 that often.
Hope this helps
Mike
Thank you Mike
I have a LV rifle in .177 , a RAW as well and it is the rifle i am using @25m (exilent) . The problem is with the RAW i want to use it @50 m
I would like to sort the simple stuff before i spend money on upgrade parts. The lead time to get upgrade parts to South Africa is long and the cost is high as well. 18 Zar (Rand) = 1 Doller

Thank you Mike
I have a LV rifle in .177 , a RAW as well and it is the rifle i am using @25m (exilent) . The problem is with the RAW i want to use it @50 m
I would like to sort the simple stuff before i spend money on upgrade parts. The lead time to get upgrade parts to South Africa is long and the cost is high as well. 18 Zar (Rand) = 1 Doller
Upgrade parts for a RAW??? You jest of course. Main problem with accuracy is pellet quality. They must be weighed and sorted.

The dirty, greasy hammer is often overlooked even by tuners. The hammer and associated parts should be de-greased, then apply a light coating of a very light lubricant. No heavy oils here. When you remove the hammer assembly, note how all the parts go together and take a photo.
Thank you.
I will clean the parts as you suggested. It is low cost and within my wheelhouse to perform.