Raw HM1000x pellet selection

I would start with the tune it has and check accuracy. If, a big if a different tune is needed then anywhere from 880-970fps. Enjoy shooting it most of all!

To the OP….

I purchased my first RAW in 2019/2020 timeframe. It is a RAW HM1000x .22 HP. Martin tuned the Gun for the JSB 25.39 redesign pellet that was available at that time. 935 FPS with shot strings frequently having less than 10 ES values. Excellent and consistent accuracy at 50Y; average 1/2” groups on light wind days outdoors. I keep it in the 935-945 FPS range.

At 100y, again very good accuracy but way too many fliers for consistent scoring. Martin told me to try the shallows.

Mike - I saw your groups with the shallows at 100! Nice!

Tom

To the OP….

I purchased my first RAW in 2019/2020 timeframe. It is a RAW HM1000x .22 HP. Martin tuned the Gun for the JSB 25.39 redesign pellet that was available at that time. 935 FPS with shot strings frequently having less than 10 ES values. Excellent and consistent accuracy at 50Y; average 1/2” groups on light wind days outdoors. I keep it in the 935-945 FPS range.

At 100y, again very good accuracy but way too many fliers for consistent scoring. Martin told me to try the shallows.

Mike - I saw your groups with the shallows at 100! Nice!

Tom
I got the shallows being delivered today. Hope to make it to the range. Will be sure to take the Chrono with me and get the fps dialed in. I have no clue where it is set now. Including my father I am the third owner. Mine says Rapid Air Weapons in it so I know it was built by Martin. So if nobody had messed with it to bad I should be in the ballpark.

Mine says Rapid Air Weapons in it so I know it was built by Martin. So if nobody had messed with it to bad I should be in the ballpark.
one thing that can cause a problem on an older gun is if it has been stored for any length of time without air, this can cause the o rings to dry out causing leaks or the reg to work incorrectly/ fail. The chrono should identify if there is a problem or not

Bb

I got the shallows being delivered today. Hope to make it to the range. Will be sure to take the Chrono with me and get the fps dialed in. I have no clue where it is set now. Including my father I am the third owner. Mine says Rapid Air Weapons in it so I know it was built by Martin. So if nobody had messed with it to bad I should be in the ballpark.

Mike

I see you are a Hockey fan also. We (my adult son and I) are big Hurricane fans.

Please post your Chrony runs, groups, distances shot, velocity. Like Ranch and others have said, get a baseline to see what velocity and results you get ‘as is.’ But, I would try 935-950 FPS range with small HST tweaks and see how it shoots at 50y with the shallows. Also, the RAW single shot tray is more accurate for me than the magazine.
Not sure why, but in my testing, it is more accurate.

Reactions: no.4shot
one thing that can cause a problem on an older gun is if it has been stored for any length of time without air, this can cause the o rings to dry out causing leaks or the reg to work incorrectly/ fail. The chrono should identify if there is a problem or not

Bb
It did have air leaks. Replaced the o rings with a kit. Was surprised at what little you get in those kits. Gonna figure out what size the rings are and just order those for future use. For now no leaks. Been holding air for a couple weeks now.

Mike

I see you are a Hockey fan also. We (my adult son and I) are big Hurricane fans.

Please post your Chrony runs, groups, distances shot, velocity. Like Ranch and others have said, get a baseline to see what velocity and results you get ‘as is.’ But, I would try 935-950 FPS range with small HST tweaks and see how it shoots at 50y with the shallows. Also, the RAW single shot tray is more accurate for me than the magazine.
Not sure why, but in my testing, it is more accurate.
I haven't experimented with the single load tray but I got one installed and haven't used a magazine in it yet.

Yes we do love our hockey. We try to make it to some wings games. But honestly we enjoy going to the local minor league team more. It's fun to watch them go bounce back and forth with the wings. Watch them progress.

Reactions: tommyb
I am hoping to get my rifle here soon, as I have a match on the 14th. Would like to use the rifle for the match, but if not I will have more time to do testing and ranging. I know pellets will be stupidly accurate out of these rifles, but need something to buck the wind better. I know Martin was talking about setting the rifle up to shoot the 27 grain slugs I believe.

I have not done too much with the Grands, only got 5 tins from their debut..the shallows are doing a slightly better job, but i may not have the proper speed for the Grands. I believe it was around 920-930...but not certain
I tried the Beasts, but i feel you need a VERY high speed with this one. above 970 fps. I think i can hit the speed, i have a larger valve then stock, but you're going to have to crank it up to full..not the best in shot count..so i am hesitant to tune it for it.
I do want to try the 22g when they debut
So far, very happy with the Shallows
Mike

I have not done too much with the Grands, only got 5 tins from their debut..the shallows are doing a slightly better job, but i may not have the proper speed for the Grands. I believe it was around 920-930...but not certain
I tried the Beasts, but i feel you need a VERY high speed with this one. above 970 fps. I think i can hit the speed, i have a larger valve then stock, but you're going to have to crank it up to full..not the best in shot count..so i am hesitant to tune it for it.
I do want to try the 22g when they debut
So far, very happy with the Shallows
Mike
With the monsters I am averaging 948fps with 53 shots filled to 230 bar. I am gonna try slowing it down and hope I will help tighten me up some.

On another note I did try a pellet assortment at 100 yards. My groups size doubled as expected. My fliers were even further off though. Tried some daystate howler slugs. They shot the best compared to the pellets. I need to order some different ones to test out. Does anyone have any recommendations for slugs in the RAW HM1000X?

With the monsters I am averaging 948fps with 53 shots filled to 230 bar. I am gonna try slowing it down and hope I will help tighten me up some.

On another note I did try a pellet assortment at 100 yards. My groups size doubled as expected. My fliers were even further off though. Tried some daystate howler slugs. They shot the best compared to the pellets. I need to order some different ones to test out. Does anyone have any recommendations for slugs in the RAW HM1000X?
For Slugs, I did it wrong..I bought a bunch and just started testing. Wrong and expensive. What i should have done was Slug the barrel 1st to find the diameter. this will provide you with a proper size you require instead of buying a whole bunch and just trying them out. What you will need to experiment with AFTER you know the size is what weight and the speeds you will fire the slugs. There are videos on youtube to show you how slugging a barrel is done. Here is an example.