Raw HM1000x pellet selection

I inherited this Raw from my dad last fall. With winter I hadn't had a chance to take it.out.to the range. Got it filled with air. Had a leak. Luckily Dad had a set of o rings. Figured that out. Filled it up with air and off to the range we went. What a blast! I am gonna order an assortment of pellets to test out. What's everyone's favorite pellet for their HM1000x?

PXL_20240330_185859271.jpg

My HM1000x shot very well with the JSB 18.13 grain ..had an affinity for the 5.53
For a heavier pellet, Martin Rutterford recommended the MRD Shallows that shot very well.
did some groups at 100 yards with the shallowsView attachment 450876
Nice shooting. That what my groups looked like yesterday but at 50 yards with the 18.13. those are the only .22 pellets I had on hand. I feel like I can get it better.

You have the right tools.
Looks like a really nice set-up your dad gave you
Your rifle is fully capable of doing the same.
Look forward to your progress.
If you need targets....Thomas has a huge selection of printable targets in the "Target Shooting Challange" forum
Mike
Somewhere along the line I picked up some 50ft targets. That's what I used yesterday. I will give those a look though.

I inherited this Raw from my dad last fall. With winter I hadn't had a chance to take it.out.to the range. Got it filled with air. Had a leak. Luckily Dad had a set of o rings. Figured that out. Filled it up with air and off to the range we went. What a blast! I am gonna order an assortment of pellets to test out. What's everyone's favorite pellet for their HM1000x?

View attachment 450858
Welcome and enjoy the raw

Very Nice gun!

So far my .22 cal. RAW HM1000x LRT likes JSB 18.1 grain pellets the best -> shooting about 910 to 925 fps.
You should be able to adjust your velocity with the Hammer Spring Adjustment .... give or take 50-75 fps.
My regulator is only set around 120/125 bar - that's all you should need for 18.1 of 25.34 JSB's.

Shoot in the early morning to avoid the wind because that's usually very important at 100 yards.
Or ........ learn to read the wind.

PS: Passed through Holland, MI visiting my Aunt in Ludington last August.
Holland is abeautiful Summer town on lake Michigan (y).
I grew up in St. Joseph, MI:)

Very Nice gun!

So far my .22 cal. RAW HM1000x LRT likes JSB 18.1 grain pellets the best -> shooting about 910 to 925 fps.
You should be able to adjust your velocity with the Hammer Spring Adjustment .... give or take 50-75 fps.
My regulator is only set around 120/125 bar - that's all you should need for 18.1 of 25.34 JSB's.

Shoot in the early morning to avoid the wind because that's usually very important at 100 yards.
Or ........ learn to read the wind.

PS: Passed through Holland, MI visiting my Aunt in Ludington last August.
Holland is abeautiful Summer town on lake Michigan (y).
I grew up in St. Joseph, MI:)
All of West Michigan is beautiful!

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid