RAW HM1000X LRT

Okay. I have a decision to make and maybe someone can shed a light on this and help me out with something I havent thought of. Its KILLING ME......
I have a .25 caliber RAW LRT that will be ready from Martin next week. Its a green camo laminate. Problem is......I am unexpectedly a little short on funds to purchase at this moment.
However......my father wants to buy my wolverine B Hilite .22 for 1500 bucks. So....I could easily get the RAW.....and there lies the problem.
My wolverine is just awesome. It has NEVER once shifted its point of impact.....ever. I have had the action off the stock 3 times to tweak the trigger and it goes back together with exact poi at 40 yards. That is about 4000 rounds of never touching the zero. Its super quiet with the huggett. A friend of mine says it makes a mutant sound loud. Its putting out 33ft lbs energy for 60 shots with a maximum spread of only 12 feet per second. Never leaks a mosquito fart. Behaves like a regulated gun without the failure point/maintenance associated with a regulator. Its a supremely badass/RELIABLE gun. And oh yea.....the SOB is accurate too.
So........I target shoot and hunt. The regulator scares me because its the first shot that counts. If I sit there for an hour or two.....is my first shot going to be on point with the RAW? How durable is the regulator? Whats the typical maintenance intervals for a regulator.....because I shoot at least 2000 pellets a month.....at least.
If I dont buy the RAW my dad is going to buy it. So.....both guns will be in the family. I love my wolverine. I would like to hear from those that own both or have shot both.....but please post your experiences good or bad if you own only one.
Sorry for the long ass read..........

SmaugLet your dad buy the RAW. The RAW is a seriously good bet, but the Wolverine is proven in your hands.

It's also a much better-looking gun.

I cant sell the Wolverine. I literally just cant do it. Even knowing its going to my dad. Im going to let my dad get the LRT. I will just place another order and get one in 3 months when its ready. Plenty of time to save up. Thanks for the reply guys. I will still put a review up on it......because it will be in the family.

Marksman, as we spoke earlier I was honest with you because I could tell you love your DayState for the reasons you described. I felt it was best to let you know the .25 LRT is a whole different animal. Being an AirWolf owner with an awesome NC LCD I completely understand quiet, accuracy and all you described about your Wolverine. The LRT compared to my Wolf, there is quiet a bit of differences. First and foremost it is way more powerful so, if you don't have some land you won't be shooting it outside of target practice. I presume all the .25 LRT Martin produces are the same power unless requested otherwise. Mine comes in at 50.5 fpe with JSB 28 and 33 grn pellets, which is 947 and 822 FPS respectfully. Someone posted earlier the Wolverine is a better looking gun. All I can say is you need to hold an LRT in your hands before making that statement. In my opinion the HM1000X line of rifles are probably one of the finest designed and built air rifles out there. Everything is 100% machined, no stampings and it shows. I was impressed with my Wolf, but when my LRT showed up there was an element of disbelief when it was un-boxed. Despite the receiver having much more beef than my Wolf my LRT is noticeably lighter, although my Wolf has the steel bottle which is about 1 pound heavier. I haven't shot my LRT enough to compare accuracy but so far with maybe 40 pellets through it, accuracy is exceptional. Haven't tested yet but I suspect long range accuracy of my LRT will exceed my Wolf being its .25 cal and more powerful. Since your in a situation where you have no desire to unload your Wolverine and you can only own one you made the right decision. Once your Dad has it post back and let us know what you think.

Its a done deal now. I sold my wolverine to my dad.......he really wanted it and kept chipping away at my armor. Its in the family and right down the road. It will NEVER leave the family tho!!! I sent full payment to RAW today via wire transfer. I will be at RAW in person next Thursday morning to pick my rifle up. They are within driving distance and Im looking forward to seeing everything. I told Martin to build me a HM1000X LRT and my only request was that it be as accurate as he could build it. I told him I didnt care how long or how much it weighed. I got a .25 caliber in camo laminate with adjustable cheek etc. Yall can expect a very detailed review soon. I hope she is accurate.

"Marksman3006"Its a done deal now. I sold my wolverine to my dad.......he really wanted it and kept chipping away at my armor. Its in the family and right down the road. It will NEVER leave the family tho!!! I sent full payment to RAW today via wire transfer. I will be at RAW in person next Thursday morning to pick my rifle up. They are within driving distance and Im looking forward to seeing everything. I told Martin to build me a HM1000X LRT and my only request was that it be as accurate as he could build it. I told him I didnt care how long or how much it weighed. I got a .25 caliber in camo laminate with adjustable cheek etc. Yall can expect a very detailed review soon. I hope she is accurate.
Looking forward to your review. What options did you go for?
I'm on the long waiting list. I wish I lived about 10 states closer. It would be awesome to visit the factory.

[/quote]
Looking forward to your review. What options did you go for?
I'm on the long waiting list. I wish I lived about 10 states closer. It would be awesome to visit the factory.[/quote]

On the invoice it says carbon fiber bottle, carbon fiber shroud and moderator. Im assuming the lrt has their top of the line barrel because I figured he would put the best on it. I told him to choose any barrel he wanted to for the best possible accuracy. The total price did not reflect an upcharge.

Having just received my .30 HM1000x with red laminate stock, I have to say that I'm very impressed with the quality of manufacture, design and performance. (My background is with firearms.) After mounting up my chosen scope (Vortex Viper 6-24x50), it took two confirming shots at 30 yards, another two at 85 yards, then another five in the bullseye, about the size of a golf ball. If I pay attention to what I'm doing, I can put three shots in one ragged hole in the bullseye at 85 yards, my maximum distance for now.

The trigger is very sweet. Ergonomics are spot on. Recoil is negligible. Noise at the muzzle is comparable on the .30 to a pneumatic nail gun. Impact at the target is actually louder, especially if hitting wood. The .30 pellets hit dried eucalyptus wood (nice and hard!) with enough force to fully flatten and +/- .4" diameter.

Compared to my .30 RAW, I'd expect your .25 RAW to be quieter with more shots per charge. Other than that, identical. You're going to be very, very happy!

To me the LRT is all about the stock. It will prove to be more forgiving to shoot tighter groups off the bench. In the field.......the ability to quickly attach a bipod will be useful as well. Its kinda like a jack of all trades stock. Perfect for my intended uses. Tradeoff will be heavier for hunting but I personally do not mind that. I will be at RAW Thursday morning and I cant wait.........

DirteAny thoughts on what rings and scope you are placing on it?

For now a hawke 6-24x50sf. Rings are going to be picatinny hawke rings that RAW sells.....just going to pick em up with the gun. I will be placing an order for better rings once I have the rifle in hand and can measure everything out. Being pucatinny rings.....that opens up a whole new world of rings I can use.

"Crutcherro1"I've got an Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP MIL reticle with medium Hawk rings on my RAW HM 1000X LRT 25 cal. I am still getting to know the rifle and scope but have been pleased with the setup. I can recommend the scope. It is worth your consideration. The optics are clear and I really like the first focal plan.
How about a picture of your set up!

"Marksman3006"
"Dirte"Any thoughts on what rings and scope you are placing on it?

For now a hawke 6-24x50sf. Rings are going to be picatinny hawke rings that RAW sells.....just going to pick em up with the gun. I will be placing an order for better rings once I have the rifle in hand and can measure everything out. Being pucatinny rings.....that opens up a whole new world of rings I can use.
Always liked the BKL self centering rings. But as luck would have it....... They don't make weaver or picatinny rings!