RAW HM1000X Leak found, what seals need replaced ?

For those of you who don't know, Martin and Sandra have a new business - Airguns USA -airguns-usa.com. Their main business is to service and customize RAW and Theoben products. It certainly makes sense to have the person who designed and hand crafted your air rifle to service or customize that same rifle to your specs. And, as all you folks who have contacted them in the past already know, they are great people to deal with.

Last week, I was visiting another friend in Pulaski and had the opportunity to see their operation in action. The shop hasn't changed as they spend three days each week fulfilling their contractual obligations to build genuine RAW products for the new owners, Air Force. It is good to know that the current products are still made by the same people and to the same exacting specifications as the rifles built before the sale. But, in addition they are building up AG-USA to not only to service and modify their own products, but to also repair and enhance all kinds of PCPs. While there, I saw Martin working on one of his V-Pac quick fill and pressure gage combos on an FX and also performing some sort of tuning on a Marauder. They also offer new rifles, custom built just for you from the ground up

RAW and Rapids are very simple to work on - as in the O-ring replacement on the regulator - but I had an MFR that was losing velocity and did not respond as well as hoped for with my home tune and reseal. The problem turned out to be in the hammer assembly. All the weakened springs and other standard parts had been replaced as per the instructions but the rifle was still blasting out too much air at lower than normal velocity and accuracy. This is a rifle that could always be taken out of the safe after the cold winter months and maintain exactly the same velocity and POI after two shots to warm up the action.

As I watched, Martin said hummm, and removed the shroud and rebuilt hammer assembly. Turns out that with the short 18" barrel on this rifle, the new springs were too strong air was being wasted. The shot cycle was loud and the resulting turbulence destroyed its usual, pinpoint accuracy. Backing off the hammer adjustment screw helped, but only when it was too far out to fit back in the stock. Another hummm. Then he snipped and clipped, sliced and diced, cut off a couple of coils of the concentric springs and removed a couple of the standard washers. A quick trigger tune resulted in the exact same velocity as expected and a super smooth firing cycle and trigger release.

That kind of service results from a thorough knowledge of the product by the master who created it. I certaintly wish them well. They are great people with a fine product.

Reactions: Hornclayton
For those of you who don't know, Martin and Sandra have a new business - Airguns USA -airguns-usa.com. Their main business is to service and customize RAW and Theoben products. It certainly makes sense to have the person who designed and hand crafted your air rifle to service or customize that same rifle to your specs. And, as all you folks who have contacted them in the past already know, they are great people to deal with.

Last week, I was visiting another friend in Pulaski and had the opportunity to see their operation in action. The shop hasn't changed as they spend three days each week fulfilling their contractual obligations to build genuine RAW products for the new owners, Air Force. It is good to know that the current products are still made by the same people and to the same exacting specifications as the rifles built before the sale. But, in addition they are building up AG-USA to not only to service and modify their own products, but to also repair and enhance all kinds of PCPs. While there, I saw Martin working on one of his V-Pac quick fill and pressure gage combos on an FX and also performing some sort of tuning on a Marauder. They also offer new rifles, custom built just for you from the ground up

RAW and Rapids are very simple to work on - as in the O-ring replacement on the regulator - but I had an MFR that was losing velocity and did not respond as well as hoped for with my home tune and reseal. The problem turned out to be in the hammer assembly. All the weakened springs and other standard parts had been replaced as per the instructions but the rifle was still blasting out too much air at lower than normal velocity and accuracy. This is a rifle that could always be taken out of the safe after the cold winter months and maintain exactly the same velocity and POI after two shots to warm up the action.

As I watched, Martin said hummm, and removed the shroud and rebuilt hammer assembly. Turns out that with the short 18" barrel on this rifle, the new springs were too strong air was being wasted. The shot cycle was loud and the resulting turbulence destroyed its usual, pinpoint accuracy. Backing off the hammer adjustment screw helped, but only when it was too far out to fit back in the stock. Another hummm. Then he snipped and clipped, sliced and diced, cut off a couple of coils of the concentric springs and removed a couple of the standard washers. A quick trigger tune resulted in the exact same velocity as expected and a super smooth firing cycle and trigger release.

That kind of service results from a thorough knowledge of the product by the master who created it. I certaintly wish them well. They are great people with a fine product.