RAW HM1000x is it really that quiet?

Spiralgroove, I am not knocking your advice at all, I agree with you. Those devices can certainly be beneficial to this platform. However, tuning the gun properly should be the first step and will reduce most of the wasted air these devices “limit” in the first place. 
It’s also important to draw a distinction between the .22, .25 and .30. I never saw that mentioned in this thread. A properly tuned RAW in .22 is quiet compared to the .25 and .30. The offset moderator on our .25 was loud. The .22 is not nearly as bad. 
Have a great day. 
Stoti

Yeah Stoti, there's s many nuances and I wanted to keep my comments simple. The OP never mentioned what caliber he was interested in and Yes .30 caliber is going to be hard to quiet without a very good moderator. The SSG certainly looses it's effectiveness as you go up into .30 and .35 calibers.

A good tune should be a starting point, but mostly a SSG should be considered as should the TP restricter for calibers under .30. 

IMO the Muffler style moderator completely ruins the look of the HM1000xLRT and needs to go in all forms. At moderate power levels my .22 cal. get 160+ shots per fill at 35 FPE up to 250 bar and my .25 cal. gets 108+ shots per fill at 50 FPE. As I venture up to 33.95 grain pellets and slugs things my change. Power valves or larger plenums used by Mubhar and FX lead the way.

Yep, definitely. I think Rapid Air Weapons will sell a gazillion of the new press on, 1/2x20unf threaded adapters for RAW air guns. They don’t look like an aftermarket add on which definitely increases the appeal for my son and I. They really look great! Even after working with Neil to come up with the slip on moderator for the RAW and coming up with a great one(in my opinion), I still plan on getting one of the adapters for our RAW as soon as they come available. There are so many moderators that come in every length, width and material that we can definitely find one we like that will be shorter with at least the same report reducing ability of our Neil Clague moderator. My son and I both use DonnyFL Tanto’s…Me on a 75fpe Impact and him on a 73fpe Maverick, they are surprisingly quiet! The RAW is far quieter to begin with so I’m thinking the little Tanto should easily do the job while being much smaller and looking great! 

Have a good one!

Stoti

when you get fed up with the noise you tear it all off and put a slip on threaded tip , and buy a moderator of your choice and screw it on and you have quiet , also if your out and about you can remove it and have a shorter gun 
20191209_202430 1.1633569757.jpg

Spiralgroove, I am not knocking your advice at all, I agree with you. Those devices can certainly be beneficial to this platform. However, tuning the gun properly should be the first step and will reduce most of the wasted air these devices “limit” in the first place. 
It’s also important to draw a distinction between the .22, .25 and .30. I never saw that mentioned in this thread. A properly tuned RAW in .22 is quiet compared to the .25 and .30. The offset moderator on our .25 was loud. The .22 is not nearly as bad. 
Have a great day. 
Stoti

Yeah Stoti, there's s many nuances and I wanted to keep my comments simple. The OP never mentioned what caliber he was interested in and Yes .30 caliber is going to be hard to quiet without a very good moderator. The SSG certainly looses it's effectiveness as you go up into .30 and .35 calibers.

A good tune should be a starting point, but mostly a SSG should be considered as should the TP restricter for calibers under .30. 

IMO the Muffler style moderator completely ruins the look of the HM1000xLRT and needs to go in all forms. At moderate power levels my .22 cal. get 160+ shots per fill at 35 FPE up to 250 bar and my .25 cal. gets 108+ shots per fill at 50 FPE. As I venture up to 33.95 grain pellets and slugs things my change. Power valves or larger plenums used by Mubhar and FX lead the way.

Sorry 22 cal for a bit less dB and less cost

New 1/2 unf option from Martin: You need to send him your barrel for install....

Resized_20210922_125950.1633665909.jpeg

Resized_20210922_093743.1633665893.jpeg

Ken Hicks at Southern Precision can also help you out with a shroud option with adapter.

I have the new large can on my .22 with adapter and Ronin and is long and fat but quiet!

Neil Clague makes a damn fine solution as others have mentioned.

Don't let boise stop you from diving in, plenty of options to make almost any caliber RAW back yard friendly.

DonnyFL makes a 16mm slide on adapter for .177-.25 that fits (Raw barrel is roughly 15.5mm OD (if memory serves).

All these moderators make the gun look like a 20mm canon IMO. The reasonably efficient ones are huge and add a lot of length to an already long gun. The manufacturers really need to go back to making efficient shrouds. Moderators are a band-aid on a high end PCP.

I have an AZ done Rapid that is a 25cal at 900fps+ and mouse fart quiet. They are not rocket science. The manufacturers are just content with tossing on a cheap (in volume to them) moderator, then letting you spend another couple hundred putting on a huge one which ruins the look of the gun IMO.

All these moderators make the gun look like a 20mm canon IMO. The reasonably efficient ones are huge and add a lot of length to an already long gun. The manufacturers really need to go back to making efficient shrouds. Moderators are a band-aid on a high end PCP.

I have an AZ done Rapid that is a 25cal at 900fps+ and mouse fart quiet. They are not rocket science. The manufacturers are just content with tossing on a cheap (in volume to them) moderator, then letting you spend another couple hundred putting on a huge one which ruins the look of the gun IMO.

Yeah ... Cure is designing the RAW to be more efficient, the OEM anti-bounce device represents 30 year old technology. My DIY moderator costs about $30 and a SSG about $4.50. Not exactly mouse fart quiet, but pretty darn quiet. The moderator adds about 5" at barrel's end, but a shroud pretty much would too.

PS: How much does a AD done Rapid cost ... 

RAW Red - New Build.1633737633.JPG

i think for many, the aesthetics aren't that important, or they like the look of a cannon. lol.

some gun makers (edgun for example) make it clear that their intention is to make it ear safe, but quiet is not the priority (over length and portability). even so, the stock moderator knocks ~10db off the meter while only adding 3.5" to the OAL.

i chose an option MOD50 that can keep the OAL the same while knocking another 5db off the meter, and i can add more sections to bring it down another 10db.

shortytCapture.1634175940.JPG
tripodcartoonCapture.1634175940.JPG

i see what you mean without the handguard, but i actually kind of like it, lol.

bwlCapture.1634176114.JPG

the nice thing about not having the sound suppression built into the rifle is that you can unscrew it and pack the rifle down really small.

packedCapture.1634176688.JPG