• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW HM1000x Hammer increase question

Hello

My new HM1000x came perfect out of the box shooting the 25 cal MKIIs at 890 on 2-3 Standard deviation.

I wanted to speed up on fps on the 33.5 Nielsens so I wanted to increase the hammer spring just a little.

I saw the RAW knowledge video on YouTube I have the LRT stock.

in the video it said if I want to increase velocity to turn the hammer spring knob clockwise.

I turned it clockwise about 1/8 or 1/4 and instead of increasing it it lowered the velocity.

Do I need to turn it more for the hammer to settle down? And if I do approximately how many shots do I need to do so that the gun settles down ? When I turn the knob clockwise The velocity dropped and the standard deviation was really high.

I really appreciate your help thank you

Hey Recarga,
Try turning the hammer more .... if the velocity still goes down, your hammer is already set for maximum velocity.
If that is correct, the only way to get more velocity is to increase your regulator pressure.
Slugs have more surface area touching the barrel vs. pellets and thus have more friction -> lower velocity.

Hence, if you're already maxed out using the pellets, the slugs will require more air pressure for the same velocity due to increased friction.

Changing the regulator pressure changes the tune balance for MKIIs created by Martin to give you an ES of 2?

Be careful what you ask for ........... :unsure:

Reactions: rc4fun and Recarga
Hey Recarga,
Try turning the hammer more .... if the velocity still goes down, your hammer is already set for maximum velocity.
If that is correct, the only way to get more velocity is to increase your regulator pressure.
Slugs have more surface area touching the barrel vs. pellets and thus have more friction -> lower velocity.

Hence, if you're already maxed out using the pellets, the slugs will require more air pressure for the same velocity due to increased friction.

Changing the regulator pressure changes the tune balance for MKIIs created by Martin to give you an ES of 2?

Yup I think you’re right on leaving it alone. Good thing is I made a sharpie mark on where it was so I can put it back.

Yup I think you’re right on leaving it alone. Good thing is I made a sharpie mark on where it was so I can put it back.
Very very smart markie mark! As Spiral said and you figured out...probably just leave it as it is spot on for ES! If you want more speed from slugs, just try lighter slugs, that's what I do for my .22 HMx....I have mine tuned for the 18gr JSB @ 950fps which in turn shoots the NSA 17.5gr @ 935-ish but POI is slightly higher and to the right.

Reactions: rsfrid
Hey Recarga,

Yes, increasing the regulator pressure will make the valve harder to open, requiring more hammer strike.
Turning in the HS clockwise will be necessary or maybe buying a stronger HS.

No matter, the factory tune is out the window -> if done, keep good records of OEM settings.

just a quick update and big thanks to my fellow air aficionados,,, after a few minor adjustments I got her shooting the MK II 33.9 at 900 fps with a SD of 1.5 :love:
this gives the NSA 33.5 a slight increase of speed at 892 fps which this gun loves them at 150 yard perfect.

i will post some pictures from this rifle later next week, you will see some beautiful West Texas pictures

Reactions: mubhaur
just a quick update and big thanks to my fellow air aficionados,,, after a few minor adjustments I got her shooting the MK II 33.9 at 900 fps with a SD of 1.5 :love:
this gives the NSA 33.5 a slight increase of speed at 892 fps which this gun loves them at 150 yard perfect.

i will post some pictures from this rifle later next week, you will see some beautiful West Texas pictures
Congrats on the tune! I too have mine set to shoot both pellets and slugs on same tune...so fun! Enjoy!