RAW HM1000x external plenum

@stoti Landry aka Lando at Utah Air has one him and I believe Josh Warren have been working on (that’s Landry’s rifle you have pictured). Try giving him a call and pick his brain. Dave (shoots for RAW/AF) and I were picking his brain a while back and he seems to like it. I know Aaron Hipp (took 2nd in PRS at RMAC) runs the same plenum and I think he made it if I’m remembering correctly.

@stoti Landry aka Lando at Utah Air has one him and I believe Josh Warren have been working on (that’s Landry’s rifle you have pictured). Try giving him a call and pick his brain. Dave (shoots for RAW/AF) and I were picking his brain a while back and he seems to like it. I know Aaron Hipp (took 2nd in PRS at RMAC) runs the same plenum and I think he made it if I’m remembering correctly
Yeah, thanks, Brian. Landry is who I talked to about the larger plenum. ;) I just had to wait because he was at PAC. Have a great weekend, Bri!

Last edited:
Reactions: Inkedshooter
Hey mubhaur,
I would gladly buy 3 in-line plenums made by your machinist.
He’s very good😎.
I wouldn’t need anything fancy, just 15, 20 and 25 cc plenums made from SS.

once we get the specs figured out, let me know what it would cost.

If 3 are made at once, it should be pretty fast/easy to do😎.
Agreed. The only thing to achieve is the making of 1st plenum perfectly compatible to the threads etc. This is because I cannot test it on my pre Airforce RAW guns.

Then it should not be an issue for the machinist to replicate it.

Someone asked me to make them a RAW plenum last week. They tried to tell me that one of my Avenger ones would fit, which I was very dubious about. So I'm looking around to see what's being made and came across this post.

For those that are saying that aluminum is dangerous to use, you must not know what 7075 grade aluminum is. It has a tensile strength matching or bettering many grades of mild steel.

So long as you watch your wall thicknesses, as you should be doing with any material, 7075 is a very good material to use for plemuns and various other airgun, shotgun and rifle parts.

Well here it is...
Stoti

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1712.jpeg

Stoti, looks fantastic! I'm sure your power increase will be substantial 👍.
Thanks. The gains were between 30-45fps depending on the slug. The VK 32.8 and Zan 33 grain were the two standouts, as they were before the upgrade. The Wildman 30gr also shot pretty well. Not sure if we’re going to go with the Zan or VK, both were so accurate, it was hard to tell which was better. It was pretty windy but I think the edge goes to the Zan 33gr at 980fps. Cooper was shooting some tiny groups at 50, 100 and 175yds.
Have a good one.
Stoti

IMG_1721.jpeg

Thanks. The gains were between 30-45fps depending on the slug. The VK 32.8 and Zan 33 grain were the two standouts, as they were before the upgrade. The Wildman 30gr also shot pretty well. Not sure if we’re going to go with the Zan or VK, both were so accurate, it was hard to tell which was better. It was pretty windy but I think the edge goes to the Zan 33gr at 980fps. Cooper was shooting some tiny groups at 50, 100 and 175yds.
Have a good one.
Stoti

View attachment 391539
That's looks great on there! Glad it helped with a decent amount of power. I just looked up that MPA chassis. Wow what an awesome thing to win. There worth some coin and look to be amazing!

Thanks. It is indeed the stock LW Poly barrel. Let’s not forget it’s my son’s! 😀 He lets me shoot it, tune it and mess around with it, but… It’s Cooper’s and he keeps reminding me of that. I am jealous too, It’s a sweet rig!
Have a great week.
Stoti
Thanks for that! Ha! Cooper has one FANTASTIC hot rodded RAW (by dad)! I hope you do well competing with it. Enjoy the week too!