• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW HM1000x - Bottle Tightening !!!

If it's not leaking initially when not screwed in completely, it likely will. The high pressure air is going to be more damaging to an O ring that is not well supported with adequate compression. You don't need to be crazy with it, but it should be very snug. And yes, repeated removals of the bottle will wear the O ring, need some spares. A very light coating of O ring lube might help with your wear and leaking issues. 

I’ve probably moved my bottle and reg between my reg tester and action 30-40 times the last week. 
using those stnl threads and oring dry works, however, because everything else is lubed with silicone based lube. Eventually you get that on your threads and they start to gall.

Teflon tape works well for one or two takes, but it also starts to break down and bits and pieces get into places of the action I’d rather not see them.

what I found works wonderful well is nickel based ani-seize. I’m using loctite 771…even when I really snug down the bottle, it comes off super easy. 

makes the threads feel 100% better 

I agree with Scott, I much prefer to take most or all of the pressure off threaded connections before unscrewing. Thread wear on high pressure connections will continue to terrify me for as long as I am made of meat. 

And Corny is spot on about applying an anti-seize to a troublesome connection. Some material combinations will gall at the slightest provocation. Just last week I was unthreading an aluminum end cap from a titanium tube. All the air was evacuated and I was turning it by hand. Everything was fine up to about 2/3 of the way out. Then all of the sudden it just seized up hard. I ended up having to make a clamping fixture for the tube and use a wrench to finally get it apart and it completely wiped out about half a turn of thread.

Having said all that, please note I have been unable to find any credible evidence that silicone actually promotes galling, just that it has essentially no benefit over a dry connection. However do be mindful that silicone is quite difficult to remove so it may be that residual silicone contamination impairs connections that are otherwise suitably lubricated.