• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning RAW HM1000X and Huma 1174 adjustable regulator problems

Why don't you confirm Martin's settings so you can always return to them. Depressurize the gun, insert a digital pressure gauge into the action and pressurize the gun and fire three or four empty rounds to stabilize the pressure and note it. Then with the action if the stock unscrew the hammer spring adjuster back out until it stops against the stock and note the hammer spring settings.

View attachment 466669
Were did you get that reg tester set up for the hm1000X ?

Huma does not make a regulator tester for the RAW HM1000x. There is a fairly easy workaround, I replaced the RAW air pressure gauge which for many reads about 50 or 60 psi high (I think they are junk gauges) and replaced it with a Sekhmet 25mm Digital Mini Pressure Gauge and compared it with the Huma Digital pressure gauge screwed into the block. This way I know what the variance between the two gauges are, in my case 1.4 BAR, so not much.

At the range I have a direct air connection to the gun without an on weapon regulator. Air pressure is controlled by an external dual air regulator connected to my external carbon fiber air tank. Once a tune is found I note the air pressure reading from both gauges and insert the regulator into the gun and adjusting the HUMA adjustable regulator until it matched the air pressure gauge screwed into the action. This should be extremely close and you can adjust the hammer spring adjustment to match the velocity when connected to the external air supply.

Trying to adjust a regulator in the rifle is beyond tedious on a RAW. This way makes it ok.

temp.jpg

temp2.jpg

RAW HM1000x HUMA Adapters to tether.jpg

Air regulator for RAW HM1000x.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Huma does not make a regulator tester for the RAW HM1000x. There is a fairly easy workaround, I replaced the RAW air pressure gauge which for many reads about 50 or 60 psi high (I think they are junk gauges) and replaced it with a Sekhmet 25mm Digital Mini Pressure Gauge and compared it with the Huma Digital pressure gauge screwed into the block. This way I know what the variance between the two gauges are, in my case 1.4 BAR, so not much.

At the range I have a direct air connection to the gun without an on weapon regulator. Air pressure is controlled by an external dual air regulator connected to my external carbon fiber air tank. Once a tune is found I note the air pressure reading from both gauges and insert the regulator into the gun and adjusting the HUMA adjustable regulator until it matched the air pressure gauge screwed into the action. This should be extremely close and you can adjust the hammer spring adjustment to match the velocity when connected to the external air supply.

Trying to adjust a regulator in the rifle is beyond tedious on a RAW. This way makes it ok.

View attachment 466936

View attachment 466937

View attachment 466938

View attachment 466939
So that huma air 65mm digital gauge will screw directly into the bottom of the action? Or are you using a threaded adapter?

It needs an adapter, you can contact Huma and ask them for the part number. The flat washer is needed too, so get that part number as well.

View attachment 466944
Also what adapters did you buy to bypass the in rifle regulator and connect directly to the rifle with no tank using external regulator for ease of tuning. Thank you very much fir your help, this will make tuning so much easier

Also what adapters did you buy to bypass the in rifle regulator and connect directly to the rifle with no tank using external regulator for ease of tuning. Thank you very much fir your help, this will make tuning so much easier

Correction.

I have the HUMA adjustable regulator in the gun with it set at 190 bar, well above where I anticipate needing to go. Then the tethering adapters connecting my external 97 cubic foot tank with a dual regulator is used to tune at varying pressures and spring tensions.

Write to Marc at Team Huma-Air ([email protected]) and ask about the parts and seals you'll need. Tell him you are trying to do a setup similar to Bruce and his emails around January 18, 2024 with the subject line "I bought the wrong adapter for RAW HM1000x"

I think you'll need the following parts:

Regarding the direct tethering. I think you will have a hard time finding a adapter that is a direct fit. The threads of the RAW action block are ¾”-16UNF. You may find a useable hydraulic coupling at Parker hydraulics or Walterscheid.

But what you could do is turn up the reg pressure of the HuMa RAW reg up above the set pressure of external regulator so it will pass the air without regulating. Then you can add these parts:

https://huma-air.com/1-8-bsp-male-to-1-4-bsp-male-adaptor/

https://huma-air.com/rubber-steel-washer-g1-8-bonded-seal/

https://huma-air.com/foster-male-to-g1-8-bsp-female-adaptor/

Add a fat o-ring between the G1/8-G1/4 male male coupling and the regulator to seal it.

RAW HM1000x HUMA Adapters to tether_2.jpg

RAW HM1000x HUMA Adapters to tether_Arrow.jpg

Air regulator for RAW HM1000x.jpg

Los Angeles Rifle and Revolver Club (3).jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Correction.

I have the HUMA adjustable regulator in the gun with it set at 190 bar, well above where I anticipate needing to go. Then the tethering adapters connecting my external 97 cubic foot tank with a dual regulator is used to tune at varying pressures and spring tensions.

Write to Marc at Team Huma-Air ([email protected]) and ask about the parts and seals you'll need. Tell him you are trying to do a setup similar to Bruce and his emails around January 18, 2024 with the subject line "I bought the wrong adapter for RAW HM1000x"

I think you'll need the following parts:

Regarding the direct tethering. I think you will have a hard time finding a adapter that is a direct fit. The threads of the RAW action block are ¾”-16UNF. You may find a useable hydraulic coupling at Parker hydraulics or Walterscheid.

But what you could do is turn up the reg pressure of the HuMa RAW reg up above the set pressure of external regulator so it will pass the air without regulating. Then you can add these parts:

https://huma-air.com/1-8-bsp-male-to-1-4-bsp-male-adaptor/

https://huma-air.com/rubber-steel-washer-g1-8-bonded-seal/

https://huma-air.com/foster-male-to-g1-8-bsp-female-adaptor/

Add a fat o-ring between the G1/8-G1/4 male male coupling and the regulator to seal it.

View attachment 467081

View attachment 467082

View attachment 467085

View attachment 467086
The only thing left I need to know is what the threads are in the bottom blanking plug so I can read my regulator pressure.