Tuning RAW HM1000X and Huma 1174 adjustable regulator problems

RAW owners, need some help with my Huma adjustable regulator (Huma 1174) factory set to 143 BAR. Installed it and Huma gauge screwed into block read 106 BAR. Removed air bottle, turned adjustment screw (see corner picture and red arrow with #1) counter clockwise ½ turn. Screw bottle back on, 96 BAR. One more ½ turn and gauge reads 91.6 BAR, gauge on gun says bottle pressure 150 BAR.

One full counter-clockwise turn should have raised the pressure by approximately 40 BAR.

Is there a tool that makes removing and screwing in the brass adapter into the regulator? (see upper left picture marked with black circle #2).

RAW HM1000X and Huma Regulator.jpg

CW rotation lowers the seat and will yield a LOWER output pressure.
CCW rotation Raises the seat & will yield a HIGHER output pressure.

The brass disk I simple use a small pair of needle nose pliers. Once bottomed out it only needs to be lightly tightened.

Now said .... I would be VERY SUSPECT that bottle pressure is lower than you think ( Bad / incorrect gauge reading )

Reactions: mubhaur
Those that said the bottle pressure was lower than being read are correct. I tethered the the rifle with the bottle installed to fill it and the Huma gauge screwed into the action block read 175 BAR. On the Huma adjustable regulator (1174) you turn the adjustment screw counter-clockwise to increase pressure. I full turn raised the pressure in the block from 143 BAR to 175 BAR.

Do they make replacement air gauges for the RAW HM1000x that are more accurate?

temp.jpg

Those that said the bottle pressure was lower than being read are correct. I tethered the the rifle with the bottle installed to fill it and the Huma gauge screwed into the action block read 175 BAR. On the Huma adjustable regulator (1174) you turn the adjustment screw counter-clockwise to increase pressure. I full turn raised the pressure in the block from 143 BAR to 175 BAR.

Do they make replacement air gauges for the RAW HM1000x that are more accurate?

View attachment 405549
I tried 3 different gauges one different brand...all were off a tad. These small 23mm gauges are just not accurate unless you get lucky....😂👍

I have one more question about the huma regulator, not sure if you are familiar with it but I'm wondering if you have to remove it from the action to adjust it up or down like you have to for the stock regulator. And does it add any extra volume to the plenum?
I am not familiar with the Huma reg as Motorhead said the OEM one is a better reg but the Huma is smaller and gives it more plenum space. I think the Huma is adjustable without having to remove it as you said but not positive. You could PM Motorhead and ask him 👍 to make sure!