• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

RAW HM1000X Accuracy

This may not be an accurate answer to your question, but here are the results from my N50 match earlier in February. Look at the pellet section.
1708292728469.png

A gun is only as accurate as the barrel and projectile, if both of those are good then consistency of velocity and smoothness of action/trigger are critical. RAW use quality barrels, the blocks are built to a high standard and the trigger is one of the best on the market. Find the right pellet and the right speed for that pellet , then yes, the RAW is more than capable.

Unfortunately my RAW easily out shoots me☹️

I would say highly accurate and one of the best triggers out there. The only gun I would ever consider over the RAW is a Thomas.
Wow - that’s a hell of an endorsement! Thanks!
A gun is only as accurate as the barrel and projectile, if both of those are good then consistency of velocity and smoothness of action/trigger are critical. RAW use quality barrels, the blocks are built to a high standard and the trigger is one of the best on the market. Find the right pellet and the right speed for that pellet , then yes, the RAW is more than capable.

Unfortunately my RAW easily out shoots me☹️
Thanks for your feedback. I understand 100%!

I have both the 22 cal and 25 cal in chassis model. I would recommend swapping out the butt for a more bench rest friendly like the LuthAR models. Also consider a longer front rail to get bipod out a ways like in my setup:

IMG_2825.jpeg

At 25 yards:

IMG_0806.jpeg

At 100 yards with slugs in wind/mirage (1” squares):

IMG_2822.jpeg

Hello Mike
Right now, i am going through the scenario you want to attempt.
Let me first say that i love my HM1000X in .22. It is a little different having a cut-rifle barrell made by Martin
While my rifle is an excellent at 25yds and 50 yards. I would not say it is a competition shooter at 100 yards. Believe me, i have been trying.
When you are shooting at 100 with pellets..it's a crap shoot. sometimes MOA ..sometimes not
Some slugs will do better at 100yrds...some groups sub MOA then blow up on next try.
Tried this speed...that speed ..this weight...that weight. Most are fair results, but not getting a consistency i believe i need for competiton.
Casual shooting, you will not be disappointed. For ocassional competitions, i think you'll either be satisfied if you are not overly competitive or going up against a Thomas and a guy that knows how to use it ;)
Your best rifle for 50 rarely will be the best for 100
The Kicker is..every rifle is different and your results may vary.
at 25 yds=sub MOA consistently
at 50 yds MOA consistently ..sub MOA most of the time
at 100 ..sub MOA ..on occasion MOA =40/60
Hope this helps
Mike

Hello Mike
Let me first say that i love my HM1000X in .22. It is a little different having a cut-rifle barrell made by Martin
While my rifle is an excellent at 25yds and 50 yards. I would not say it is a competition shooter at 100 yards. Believe me, i have been trying.
When you are shooting at 100 with pellets..it's a crap shoot. sometimes MOA ..sometimes not
Some slugs will do better at 100yrds...some groups sub MOA then blow up on next try.
Tried this speed...that speed ..this weight...that weight. Most are fair results, but not getting a consistency i believe i need for competiton.
Casual shooting, you will not be disappointed. For ocassional competitions, i think you'll either be satisfied if you are not overly competitive or going up against a Thomas and a guy that knows how to use it ;)
Hope this helps
Mike
Well Mike, this does help - a lot! Many thanks for your input.

Hello Mike
Hope this helps
Mike
Not familiar with the cut-rifle barrel. Please tell me more or where to get information. So it’s superior to the Lothar-Walther stock barrel?

I have an HMx in .22, older HP model with LW a non choked poly barrel shoots way better than me. If you purchase a RAW, purchase one made by Martin @ AigunsUSA and tell him what you want and he will guide you thru the options. Also, get one with no moderator and unf 1/2 20 so you can add your own moderator. Mine shoots pellets and slugs very accurately.
IMG_7135.jpeg

If you like the HM 1913 rail, I would ask Martin if he could make the trigger work as they do in BM500. Or have him build you a BM500 or 500x but then your in dovetail land with 60 degree shoulder, aka Harrel or D3 precision has them. You could also have a few barrels made up while Martin in building you a chassis rig. .71 is max dia you can go & clear CF bottle. This opens the door for chocked or unchoked SS versions. There are a few options for barrels other then LW but you would have to wait up to a year just to get the barrel to Martin . If you don't need a mod I would go that route as on button barrels I think threading is not good. also turning barrel dia after button is pulled is a no-no I think.
Joe

It was when Martin was trying out different barrel makers. This was back in 2013. Not sure if it is an option anymore. Would have to ask Martin or the people at Rapid Airgun Worxs. Really don't know if superior since i have not shot anyone else's RAW. But i like to think it is ;)
Mike
I believe all RAW rifles, whether from Rapid Air Worx or Martin, come with LW polygonal barrels. Cut rifling is becoming a thing of the past. Now whether they are choked or not is another question.