• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW HM1000X .357

Look amazing! Does RAW only make full size rifles? I would be interested in one the size of the Wolverine. Sub 8 lbs and 44" long. Sort of ultimate plinker class. Cool stock, red laminate!

I get the impression that RAW is going after serious bench rest shooters and hunters. I think I'll give them a call and see if they'll make what I want. Turns out we're neighbors since I'm in KY and they're just south in TN. I enjoy work renowned products made in both KY and TN, so why not include a RAW?

As a plinker, casual target shooter and occasional pest blaster, I think Daystate and FX already cater to my style of shooting. My heaviest rig is 7.5 lbs scoped and 38" long.

"Powderless"Hey Brian.in.MI, I just received my LRT. I have yet to get it set up,let alone fire it. I'm wondering about the "notch" and how you set up in your bunny ears. Does your rear bag fill the entire notch? Bag to the front or rear of notch? (I assume this would be similar to shoulder pressure or no shoulder pressure)? Anyone with any thoughts on this?
Hi Powderless,

The Caldwell rear bag I have (el cheapo version) fills the notch perfectly front to rear, so there's no worries on positioning fore/aft. Also, my bag was factory filled when I bought it, so no magic fill material like pulverized Narwal tusk or unicorn dung.

It likes to be gripped firmly, with very firm shoulder pressure. If I had to guess how much pressure, I'd say about the weight of the gun itself. "Hold on loosely" and groups open up a bit. Cheek weld is light though..contacting but not pressing down on the combe. 

Trigger pull is something I've been tweaking as well.. After the initial take-up, bring it to within a couple oz of firing and then "TAP" the trigger. For whatever reason, I shoot tighter this way as opposed to the slow squeeze / "surprise" fire method we've all been taught.

The power setting on mine was dialed all the way down when I got it. It shot just fine, but I ended up dialing up 1 3/4 turns to 865-890 fps with the 44gn jsb. On low power (62 fpe) it definitely preferred the 50gn jsb for whatever reason. Martin at RAW told me the .30 shoots more consistent with the 44gn so I will take it as gospel. 

One MAJOR factor not covered yet is the front rest. Bags are not just bulky and a pain to carry around, they're inconsistent.. The compactness or "fluffiness" changes every time you use it, and even while you're using it. Plus the other obvious variable of rifle position on the bag. I bit the bullet on this and bought an Atlas bipod and have NO regrets! The LRT sits perfectly level with the rear bag and bipod in the retracted, 45 degree forward position (Hmm, just like famous Ted's Impact). It flat out WORKS. 

Congrats on on your LRT! Get to know it and prepare to be amazed.. 

Brian

"Powderless"Hi Brian, thanks for the info! I was under the impression that Martin put a "little" time in tuning the .30s to the 44gn. Pellet? Everything I have heard is closer to your current fps. I ordered mine with a match trigger (no safety ) . I'm anxious to try it out. Hopefully early next week.
I bet you're dying to shoot that thing. Check your hammer adjuster.. Mine was flush with the breach block as delivered (low power). 1 3/4 turns took it to the 870-890 zone with the 44's. Another 1/2 turn and it puts out over 80fpe, but I've heard 880fps is the magic number.

Looking forward to your initial impressions on the gun!!

Brian

"Birdo"Look amazing! Does RAW only make full size rifles? I would be interested in one the size of the Wolverine. Sub 8 lbs and 44" long. Sort of ultimate plinker class. Cool stock, red laminate!

I get the impression that RAW is going after serious bench rest shooters and hunters. I think I'll give them a call and see if they'll make what I want. Turns out we're neighbors since I'm in KY and they're just south in TN. I enjoy work renowned products made in both KY and TN, so why not include a RAW?

As a plinker, casual target shooter and occasional pest blaster, I think Daystate and FX already cater to my style of shooting. My heaviest rig is 7.5 lbs scoped and 38" long.

Have you talked to Martin yet? Hoping they can build you a super cool, one-off rig! Keep us all posted.

Brian

RAW is one of the most trusted brands.

I personally have had 3 RAW GUNS.
HM1000 .22 Laminated TH STK L&W Barrel REGGED
HM1000X .30 Walnut TH STK USA Barrel with CF Shroud
HM1000X .357 Laminated STK Korean barrel on the GEN 1

All out of the box new were great performers. Super triggers and more accurate than the gunner. The .20 was the only gun changed from Martins factory setting.

These are the UPGRADED THEOBEN S

I sold the RAW 30 to fund a 2nd Flex conversion to a 308.

The Theoben AZ MKII .25 is another great gun.
The THEOBEN MFR RAPID AZ .177 was another great gun. Sold it to fund another project. The 1 gun I really regret selling.

But Martin makes a fantastic rifle. His guns IMO are worth the wait.

The HM1000 .20 was bought new without the regulator. Stupid move but later Martin helped me set the gun up with upgrades and the regulator. It is a Magic Laser with endless shots. 14.3gr @928. Shoots the JSB 13's just as good as the 14.3's.

The RAW does have some weight to it. As many of you know Martin can supply parts for the Theoben also.JMO 💀

Tomorrow the RAW HM1000X .357 is on the bench to test the polymags. Never shot these out of the gun.

Hilux M1200 scope. 3300 fill. Chrony and the paper @ 30 yards. Then the Sniper window opens. 75-80 yard shooting.

This gun has never been cranked on, that means trigger setting also . Gen 1 serial# HM0724
Got to blow the dust off and out of it.lol

Money well invested on the RAW!💀

MINOR HILL TN
USA MADE

Light wind today. 30 yards is all I got a chance to test these big bad looking polymags. With no scope changes I doped the scope. 5 shot @30 yards in a nickel doping the scope. 

50 to a tin so no waste on the chrony. They will NOT fit the RAW 357 MAG!

That's no problem with there size easy to single load.3300 psi fill 21 shots and just under the 200 bar line. Not bad on the air and still in the power range. Regulator set at 120 bar. 

Indeed I would like to have opened the sniper window up but I have utility worked in and around my limited range. 

Got to say that the RAW .357 is not, as I knew loud at all. Nothing near the sound of the FLEX 30. But the Flex has a new LDC that has not been installed. It has the new rear swirl baffle new from Wicked Air. I did test it in the shop and it did seem to make a difference so I did a little more to it and need to install it. Big bores in a backyard are limited on shooting and times.

Back to the JSB and the poi was as I had left it. 1 mil high @30. I did crank in 1 full turn of hammer. Moving the poi down. I going to say the lowering of the poi is some speed picked up being this was done on the same weight pellet. 

I say the .357 Polymag will be a real shocker for prey. More to come💀

Light wind today. 30 yards is all I got a chance to test these big bad looking polymags. With no scope changes I doped the scope. 5 shot @30 yards in a nickel doping the scope. 

50 to a tin so no waste on the chrony. They will NOT fit the RAW 357 MAG!

That's no problem with there size easy to single load.3300 psi fill 21 shots and just under the 200 bar line. Not bad on the air and still in the power range. Regulator set at 120 bar. 

Indeed I would like to have opened the sniper window up but I have utility worked in and around my limited range. 

Got to say that the RAW .357 is not, as I knew loud at all. Nothing near the sound of the FLEX 30. But the Flex has a new LDC that has not been installed. It has the new rear swirl baffle new from Wicked Air. I did test it in the shop and it did seem to make a difference so I did a little more to it and need to install it. Big bores in a backyard are limited on shooting and times.

Back to the JSB and the poi was as I had left it. 1 mil high @30. I did crank in 1 full turn of hammer. Moving the poi down. I going to say the lowering of the poi is some speed picked up being this was done on the same weight pellet. 

I say the .357 Polymag will be a real shocker for prey. More to come💀

@whitefang, I wouldn't sweat the polymag thing. Domed JSB will be more accurate and still kill anything you point that beast at. Congrats on the RAW! 

Fwiw, I finally messed with my HM trigger today and WOW. It was awesome to begin with. 1/4 turn on the "A" screw and 1/8 turn on the "C" screw. Now it practically reads my mind.

I'm expecting delivery of the RAW HMx .357 (130 fpe regulated). I'll let you know how she shoots. I have been hearing that there's an issue with bottles leaking from swapping them out that requires frequent o-ring replacement. (I had the same problem with my FX Impact.) So I ordered an Omega 12 cu-ft 4,500 psi tank to carry in my backpack instead of a spare bottle.