• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW HM1000X .357 - Pellets or Slugs

I have been thinking about adding another PCP to keep my Royale 500 company. I was leaning towards the FX Boss, but since the pellet is only slightly larger, then I thought about the RAW HM1000X in .357. I know there are pellets and slugs made for this caliber, but I was looking for anyone that may have first hand experience in the .357 using pellets and slugs. I would like to be able to use both, but I'm always first for accuracy.

I think the barrels a choked and don't work well with slugs. I have not heard of anyone trying slugs in them though. I was told slugs won't work in the .25. I went round and round trying to deside between the .25 and .30 for my HM1000x and finally desided on the .25 for its higher velocity and flatter trajectory. It performes better out to beyond 100 yards, then the .30 will eventually pass it in retained velocity. There actually is a pretty big difference in size between the .25 and .30 pellets. The .30 is almost twice as heavy as the .25. I bought a tin of each when trying to deside just so I could compare. The .30 is huge compared to the .25.
I looked at the Royal 500 as well but the RAW has more power. You might check out the new American Air Arms rifles. They should be out by the end of the year. Very interesting guns! Though not proven yet. But come in small and large caliber and each size has the same 950 fps velocity. Even the large ones. Very cool!

"30cal"I think the barrels a choked and don't work well with slugs. I have not heard of anyone trying slugs in them though. I was told slugs won't work in the .25. I went round and round trying to deside between the .25 and .30 for my HM1000x and finally desided on the .25 for its higher velocity and flatter trajectory.It performes better out to beyond 100 yards, then the .30 will eventually pass it in retained velocity. There actually is a pretty big difference in size between the .25 and .30 pellets. The .30 is almost twice as heavy as the .25. I bought a tin of each when trying to deside just so I could compare. The .30 is huge compared to the .25.
I looked at the Royal 500 as well but the RAW has more power. You might check out the new American Air Arms rifles. They should be out by the end of the year. Very interesting guns! Though not proven yet. But come in small and large caliber and each size has the same 950 fps velocity. Even the large ones. Very cool!
I agree with what your saying and that's why I went with the .25 as well. I have a .30, .25 & .22 cal pellets sitting on my desk that I look at many times during the day. The .30 is large round, but I was thinking about going a little bit larger. When I shoot my Royale I always think, why spend the money on another rifle when this one shoots so well. I don't think I would care for the higher calibers above the .40 range. Thanks for the information on American Air Arms, I remeber seeing one of their videos sometime ago and forgot about them. I may look into that as well.

I think the barrels a choked and don't work well with slugs. I have not heard of anyone trying slugs in them though. I was told slugs won't work in the .25. I went round and round trying to deside between the .25 and .30 for my HM1000x and finally desided on the .25 for its higher velocity and flatter trajectory. It performes better out to beyond 100 yards, then the .30 will eventually pass it in retained velocity. There actually is a pretty big difference in size between the .25 and .30 pellets. The .30 is almost twice as heavy as the .25. I bought a tin of each when trying to deside just so I could compare. The .30 is huge compared to the .25.
False sir just needs to be modernized with more air and bigger plenum.

Only the .177 caliber barrels are choked from the factory; they also have traditional rifling. The other barrel calibers are not choked and have polygonal rifling. You can shoot slugs in any caliber other than .177 with the stock, choked barrel.