Tuning RAW HM1000X .25 further upgradations with new technology of FX

Do not forget to exist the distance between the hammer and the valve pin/steam, you have to measure it on some FX model,also measure the stroke length of the hammer.

In this respect I understand that I need to reinvent a (wheel) i. e. combination of hammer weight, hammer spring and hammer travel.

FX specs will not work here due to many other design differences.

Thank you as it is a very important point you have highlighted. 

Bhaur

Impressive shot count just sipping air did you try the mk2 heavy jsb pellets yet 34 gr ones I'm just curious

I just did the same test with jsb 34 grain pellets. 

Filled the gun to 250 bars and with old heavy hammer and light hammer spring did some chrony.

The spread is not good similarly as it was with 25 grain pellets. 

I understand that inconsistency is due to heavy hammer and light spring.

Any how in this experiment I managed to shoot the pellets at around an average of 905 fps.

After getting off reg the fps got spike and I had to control it with hammer spring and valve. 

I could get 905 fps upto the bottle pressure of 132 bars. After that fps started declining. 

I understand that for 34 grain pellets to shoot at 900 fps the minimum required reg pressure is near 130 bars.

Up to 130 bars I got 90 shots.

I understand that finally I will have to reduce the reg from 150 to 140 bars so that I could be able to shoot 34 grain up to around 970 fps if needed and I could also be able to shoot same pellets at around 900 fps with adjustment of hammer spring and weight.

It's a long way to go before ultimate success. 

If everything fails I can get back to what I was achieving after my previous modifications in the gun.

Bhaur

Hey Mubhaur,

It looks like were replacing D 14-24 (less part 18 & 19).

FX Royal valve.1634074856.JPG

Yeah all of that I believe was replaced but is using the stock valve with the oring in the rear of it I believe he said the spring is now on the outside of the valve area and is adjustable from the outside with a Allen wrench so it is easily adjusted or changed from the front that drawing must be for the new after air force took over the gauge location is different and screws in the bottom as well as 16 17 23 24 are different in pre air force not alot different though 16 17 and 23 are all one part in pre air force and the gauge is in the part for filling on the reg otherwise it looks the same

Oh ok he just extended the poppet and sealed poppet end with original oring valve extended the rod threw the valve spring guide plug with a oring and a chamber to install a spring which is adjustable with Allen wrench is way I understand it don't think he used any of fx parts at all to modify the raw valve they were all custom made but is using the same idea as fx valve but the poppet spring is on the outside in a adjustable chamber like set up I'm sure he can explain it better than I can or even correct me if I got the wrong idea too

OK, he just extended the poppet and sealed poppet end with original valve o-ring, extended the valve stem through the valve spring guide plug, with a o-ring and chamber to install a spring ... which is adjustable with Allen wrench - is way I understand it. I don't think he used any of FX parts to modify the raw valve, ... they were all custom made ... using the same idea as fx valve, but the poppet spring on the outside in a adjustable chamber like set up? I'm sure he can explain it better than I can or even correct me if I got the wrong idea too.

Hey Airgunmann,

I believe he used a modified "Power Valve" made by Bucketboy and then used the entire FX design ... except - adding an adjustable threaded tube to tweak, valve spring tension or to completely change out the spring if desired. Seems to me the valve rod assembly and poppet need to be pretty precise, otherwise ... together they won't seal properly using the o-rings between the valve and guide assembly. 

Yeah all of that I believe was replaced but is using the stock valve with the oring in the rear of it I believe he said the spring is now on the outside of the valve area and is adjustable from the outside with a Allen wrench so it is easily adjusted or changed from the front that drawing must be for the new after air force took over the gauge location is different and screws in the bottom as well as 16 17 23 24 are different in pre air force not alot different though 16 17 and 23 are all one part in pre air force and the gauge is in the part for filling on the reg otherwise it looks the same

No finally I did not use stock valve. Rather I used high efficiency valve without O ring in valve body. There is a delrin guide in valve body.

As a later thought I found it to be better and more efficient design.

So there is difference in fx design and my design. 

Oh ok he just extended the poppet and sealed poppet end with original oring valve extended the rod threw the valve spring guide plug with a oring and a chamber to install a spring which is adjustable with Allen wrench is way I understand it don't think he used any of fx parts at all to modify the raw valve they were all custom made but is using the same idea as fx valve but the poppet spring is on the outside in a adjustable chamber like set up I'm sure he can explain it better than I can or even correct me if I got the wrong idea too

You are correct. 

Hey Mubhaur,

Thanks for pushing the boundaries of tuning the RAW HM1000xLRT ! !

I understand that there are some errors in my testing. I should test the number of pellets only upto the reg pressure. Only then something conclusive can be said.

Still it's a long way to go.

I will keep you updated about goods and bads of this route.

Bhaur

Mubhaur,

Not worried about shot count as I already get more than I can shoot per fill. 

Once you get a better idea of usable hammer weight ranges and reduced, hammer springs needed ... the need for a SSG will be greatly diminished. Removing hammer bounce is still a good idea though and should be kept unless ES cannot be controlled well at low spring rates. The reduced jolt of hammer impact should help long range accuracy. 

Mubhaur,

Not worried about shot count as I already get more than I can shoot per fill. 

Once you get a better idea of usable hammer weight ranges and reduced, hammer springs needed ... the need for a SSG will be greatly diminished. Removing hammer bounce is still a good idea though and should be kept unless ES cannot be controlled well at low spring rates. The reduced jolt of hammer impact should help long range accuracy.

I might do one more experiment till the new hammer weight is made.

I will use the old hammer with old ssg. To obtain the required fps I have to keep the ssg a bit loose.

In this set up consistency comes back.

Let's see how many shots do I get with new adjustable valve and with old hammer and old ssg.

If I got same 70 shots with 34 grain pellets then it means that I have successfully achieved the objective of adjustable valve and I can reduce hammer weight to reduce lock time.

If I got more than 70 shots then it will be an added benefit. 

But if I got less than 70 shots then my current setup is not as efficient as was my previous modification.

But in all cases I can go back to any previous set up including stock gun.

Keeping in view this idea I am doing the experiments.

Bhaur

I Did some more testing with old heavy ssg and old heavy hammer with the adjustable valve spring system. I started at 250 bars, bottle size 480cc, stopped at 140bars as fps spiked here around. Total bars used 110. Pellet weight 33.95 grain. Fpe 61.45. My calculated efficiency is 11.6. Looks reasonable.

Average fps 903

I understand that I can use the spike into more shots by decreasing the reg a bit. Or if I want to shoot from 900fps to 970 fps just with hammer adjustment then I should leave the reg here.

Total shots 74

Bhaur