• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

RAW HM1000x .25 cal experiences for 100y bench rest

I am thinking about swapping my .22 HP Poly barrel and pellet probe for a .25 cal barrel, shooting MK1’s ( 33g) at 100 yards. Talked to Martin, and he has had good luck with both the .30 cal and .25 cal barrels. Both have advantages and trade offs. My RAW .22 HP shoots very accurately at 50 yards with the JSB 25.39 RDs, but too many fliers at 100 yards. Martin confirmed same with his experience shooting MRDs.

I am a casual bench rest shooter, but I have gotten away from shooting the 100 yard EBR targets and have mostly shot N50 practice cards at 50 yards.

I am looking for any feedback from current RAW .25 or .30 cal owners who use their RAW for 100 yard benchrest. How is the accuracy with either? Please share any information about pellets used, velocity, any mods / tuning.

Just looking for some user experiences with either the .25 or .30 cal at 100 yards.

Thanks.

I am thinking about swapping my .22 HP Poly barrel and pellet probe for a .25 cal barrel, shooting MK1’s ( 33g) at 100 yards. Talked to Martin, and he has had good luck with both the .30 cal and .25 cal barrels. Both have advantages and trade offs. My RAW .22 HP shoots very accurately at 50 yards with the JSB 25.39 RDs, but too many fliers at 100 yards. Martin confirmed same with his experience shooting MRDs.

I am a casual bench rest shooter, but I have gotten away from shooting the 100 yard EBR targets and have mostly shot N50 practice cards at 50 yards.

I am looking for any feedback from current RAW .25 or .30 cal owners who use their RAW for 100 yard benchrest. How is the accuracy with either? Please share any information about pellets used, velocity, any mods / tuning.

Just looking for some user experiences with either the .25 or .30 cal at 100 yards.

Thanks.
I'm no expert marksman, but do own and shoot RAW 1000x's in .22 / .25 calibers.
I personally haven't seen much difference in accuracy at 100 yards, but I've only shot 18.1 and 25.39 pellets at that distance. 25.39's in .22 and .25 including MRD's in .22. The JSB 33.95gr doesn't have a BC much greater than the .22 MRD.

What kind of groups are you looking for?

I can get 1.25" groups all day long, but (5) or (10) shot 1" groups or less are tough to come by . That last 1/4" can be elusive.
My problem is the wind. I need to actually measure the wind and learn to shoot in moderate conditions better.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1

Thanks.
have you tried the non redesign's ? My Daystate does just ok with MRD's but shines with Monsters no redesign .

I'm no expert marksman, but do own and shoot RAW 1000x's in .22 / .25 calibers.
I personally haven't seen much difference in accuracy at 100 yards, but I've only shot 18.1 and 25.39 pellets at that distance. 25.39's in .22 and .25 including MRD's in .22. The JSB 33.95gr doesn't have a BC much greater than the .22 MRD.

What kind of groups are you looking for?

I can get 1.25" groups all day long, but (5) or (10) shot 1" groups or less are tough to come by . That last 1/4" can be elusive.
My problem is the wind. I need to actually measure the wind and learn to shoot in moderate conditions better.

Fair points Kirk.

It’s not necessarily group size I was focused on here. I am trying to see how the RAW .25 or .30 cal rifles ‘score’ with 100y Benchrest EBR ( or similar ) targets.

Agree, it is rare that I can shoot a 1” MOA group at 100y, but I lost confidence in the .22 cal JSB or FX Branded 25.39 pellets and quality, at 100 yards. They do shoot pretty well at 50y, but there are so many unexplained fliers at 100 yards. I normally can tell when it’s wind vs. me, but that is also a slippery slope because there are times I’m not sure.

I am thinking ( hoping really ) that a Martin tuned .25 cal will help me achieve better scores with either/both 33g MK1/MK2 pellets. It’s worth a try.

Reactions: ironman
Guess I’ve never heard of him not sending stuff back.

But he build me a custom shroud and barrel last winter. No issue. Lots of communications. Very timely return
Well wish it was not true. He has had a RAW for almost 3 years, does not answer the phone. So as far as I'm concerned he is stealing.

Fair points Kirk.
It’s not necessarily group size I was focused on here. I am trying to see how the RAW .25 or .30 cal rifles ‘score’ with 100y Benchrest EBR ( or similar ) targets.
Yeah, but tight groups give you an idea of basic accuracy/consistency at 100 yards.
I started to dabble with ZAN .22 slugs last Fall and found them to be slightly more accurate/consistent than pellets at 100 yards.
At 50 yards pellets are King ...

You need to do what U feel is best:)

Yeah, but tight groups give you an idea of basic accuracy/consistency at 100 yards.
I started to dabble with ZAN .22 slugs last Fall and found them to be slightly more accurate/consistent than pellets at 100 yards.
At 50 yards pellets are King ...

You need to do what U feel is best:)
Your first sentence - 100% agreement, I should have clarified how important tight groups are at 100 y, or any distance for that matter.

Did your RAW have a Poly barrel shooting those ZAN slugs?

My RAW 25 was a pretty good shooter at 100 yards. I did not compete with it at that point, so I never fully developed it's potential. Sadly, I no longer own it and shoot 100 yd EBR with an FX Crown .22 cal with JSB KO slugs. I think you'll find that the slugs are less affected by wind and may be the way to go. I'm sure Martin will set you up with the best performing gun and barrel combo. When I owned mine, the power craze was not yet in full bloom, so my RAW was tuned to shoot JSB 33.95 gr pellets at 880-890 fps. Don't know if that's adequate these days. I can't stress enough about practice, pellet sorting etc. Long range BR shooting isn't successful by just buying the most expensive gun on the market. You have to make it work.

10 shots at 100 yd.jpg
HM1000x .25 5 shots at 100 yd.jpg

Reactions: tommyb and ThomasT
2.2 for the 44.8 -30 @ 100 2 mph breeze

That sounds much better, right?
2.2 for the 44.8 -30 @ 100 2 mph breeze

Solo - I’m not 100% sure I am following. It’s probably me, so can you summarize your Strelok Pro analysis comparing the .22 RD, JSB 33g, and the 44g pellets? I need a dumbed down version.

I think you are saying the 44g has the best advantage bucking the wind, but can you elaborate? I am not familiar with Strelok Pro.

Appreciate your help.

Tom