RAW HM1000x .22

BB - thanks for taking the time to illustrate the hammer spring cutting/grinding process. My tinkering skills are limited, but I do appreciate your guidance and help. Also, I want to shoot the JSB 25g .22 RD primarily, as Martin tuned for that pellet and 930-950 FPS is possible now with the current HST spring and reg pressure. But, you did give me an idea here to consider if I want to push to 980 FPS. 

Q. Can I just order some springs from Martin and try different ones which might accommodate the JSB 18 pellets? If so, must I cut and heat the springs or just install ‘as is’ when I order them?

Thanks, Tom 

p.s. Sorry Bill, I can PM BB if this goes back and forth as I just realized I’m off your topic. 

BB - thanks for taking the time to illustrate the hammer spring cutting/grinding process. My tinkering skills are limited, but I do appreciate your guidance and help. Also, I want to shoot the JSB 25g .22 RD primarily, as Martin tuned for that pellet and 930-950 FPS is possible now with the current HST spring and reg pressure. But, you did give me an idea here to consider if I want to push to 980 FPS. 

Q. Can I just order some springs from Martin and try different ones which might accommodate the JSB 18 pellets? If so, must I cut and heat the springs or just install ‘as is’ when I order them?

Thanks, Tom 

p.s. Sorry Bill, I can PM BB if this goes back and forth as I just realized I’m off your topic.

Yes, I am sure you can get springs from Martin, the springs will almost certainly be too long, it is simple to cut them and I am sure that the one inside your gun will be cut, this is the typical way RAW’s are tuned for power. I am also sure it won’t have been finished at the cut end but IMO it is definitely worth the extra effort to finish properly.

what I did was visit a local spring manufacturer, gave him the dimensions, he then made me up a batch of valve and hammer springs with different gauge wire (hammer springs 1.4mm 1.5mm and 1.6mm) 

this lot cost about $100
1597834547_3376150215f3d0533e698b4.10668988.jpeg

but yes pm me if you need more information 

Bb