RAW HM1000X .22 Review

Hi guys:

Well a few weeks ago I receive my brand new Rapid Air Weapons HM1000X but I had to wait all this long because of the weather until I finally could take it to the shooting range last saturday, so this a brief review on how my HM1000X performed.
The chosen scope was a HAWKE Sidewinder 30, half mildot 6.5-20X.
I used 18.1 grains JSB´s pellets in 5.52. 
The initial results were absolutely amazing: tight groups and a phenomenal shot count.
I´m attaching some pics of an eight shot group at 54.6 yards (50 meters). As you can see, there is a main central 4 shot group that measures .34”, “surrounded” by the remaining 4 shots, measuring .59” in one direction and .62” in the other. You can see that clearer on the pic that I took of the reverse of the target. 
The wind velocity was of 9.6 m/h with gusts of 11.4 m/h; coming from north east; temperature was 96.44 Farenheit; humidity was 57%; atmospheric pressure was 29.92 inHG.
As for the chrony stats, I will post them on the next days, unfortunately I had a glitch on my chrony, but I´m on the way to solve it, however I can say that the shot count was of 80 regulated shots (+ or -).
Meanwhile I hope you like the pics and found this information interesting and useful.
Regards from Mexico
José Palma

089904cc2d432fbcfde012ae4556390a.jpg

d0d36fe17f87da38be9a994d4993a88e.jpg

4aa421aa89091d2400dc1dd72d3f0b54.jpg

6395f582565885c972406316f9416e03.jpg

6fb1ee251c23967a36fb44ab962dfd98.jpg

c466ef716afaa25ca4c4495830d08b73.jpg

5f20c139a746a778303a3961c960a9a2.jpg

Nice shooting it's great that you included the temperatures and and humidity all that counts in the long run especially for long range shooting where we want to be perfect all the time I just received the 30 cal from Martin a week ago with the LRT stock it's got to be the nicest rifle I've ever held curious have you shot the gun out to 100 yards have you shot it out to 100 yards would you mind posting the results if you have thank you Pat

"Imold"Did it come with a picatinny rail for a Bipod or is that extra? It looks like there isn't one on yours.
Hi Imold:
The picatinny rail is an extra, I order one of those as well as the sling studs. The reason why the picatinny rail for a bipod doesn´t appears on the pic is because I haven´t attached it to the accessory rail, it is quite simple actually, it is only a matter of tighten an allen head screw.

Regards
José Palma

José, thanks for that. I talked to Sandra today and she explained the whole deal to me. I ordered a Euro Rail installed along with the Picatinny Rail conversion kit. I figure that might come in handy ;-).

Man, that is one amazing looking piece of art! The charcoal looks awesome. The extended moderator is James Bond bad-ass! And she shoots like a dream :).

"hynzie"Nice shooting it's great that you included the temperatures and and humidity all that counts in the long run especially for long range shooting where we want to be perfect all the time I just received the 30 cal from Martin a week ago with the LRT stock it's got to be the nicest rifle I've ever held curious have you shot the gun out to 100 yards have you shot it out to 100 yards would you mind posting the results if you have thank you Pat
Hi Hynzie:

Thank you very much for your comments. The answer is yes, I did shot the gun to 109.42 yards, that´s a 100 meters. However I didn´t shot to paper targets because of sunset and light and wind conditions were not the best to try to shot some groups at that distance. However I did shot to 4 - 5 inches aprox; metal silhouettes and the rifle performed flawlessly.
I will post my results at 75 yards and at 100 yards as soon as have a chance to go back to the shooting range.

Regards

José Palma 

"marcella69"José, thanks for that. I talked to Sandra today and she explained the whole deal to me. I ordered a Euro Rail installed along with the Picatinny Rail conversion kit. I figure that might come in handy ;-).

Man, that is one amazing looking piece of art! The charcoal looks awesome. The extended moderator is James Bond bad-ass! And she shoots like a dream :).
So glad you could talk to Sandra, both the accessory rail and the picatinny conversion kit are in deed a "must have" in your rifle.
Now that you mentioned it, there is one thing that I forgot to say in my review(ish) and it is that the rifle is SUPER QUIET, the moderator is one of the most efficient that I ever had the chance to have in one of my airguns, no other noise than the internals of the rifle and a little "psst" are heard in every shot.

Regards

José Palma

I am becoming quite a fan of the folks at RAW. It has been a pure pleasure dealing with Sandra and Martin. I want to send a shout-out to Imold for raising the accessory rail issue; I would have never thought to add that on before she shipped!

Jose, I'm really glad to hear (see what I did there?) how quiet she is. That is the one thing with which I'm most concerned. Even though my version is the .357, the shrouded CF extended moderator looks like it does an amazing job of noise suppression. I used to shoot the FX Impact .30 with the factory mod, and I was really pleased with the suppression. The RAW moderator looks substantially better. I'll see in about three weeks!

"marcella69"I am becoming quite a fan of the folks at RAW. It has been a pure pleasure dealing with Sandra and Martin. I want to send a shout-out to Imold for raising the accessory rail issue; I would have never thought to add that on before she shipped!

Jose, I'm really glad to hear (see what I did there?) how quiet she is. That is the one thing with which I'm most concerned. Even though my version is the .357, the shrouded CF extended moderator looks like it does an amazing job of noise suppression. I used to shoot the FX Impact .30 with the factory mod, and I was really pleased with the suppression. The RAW moderator looks substantially better. I'll see in about three weeks!
Hi again:
FX moderators are very efficient, I know it because I was the owner of a Royale 400, but I guess the RAW moderator is better in terms of suppression, although the FX moderator is smaller than RAW´s.

Regards
José Palma