RAW HM1000

Been shooting a Brocock HR for awhile and decided I wanted to buy a more traditional looking gun with a walnut stock. Decided on a RAW HM1000. Called RAW today and asked about pricing on a walnut stock HM1000 with CF bottle. The person told me they no longer make walnut stocks and the only hm1000 available for order is the chassis system. Has anyone ordered anything from RAW lately and what was your experience? 

I think that both Pyramyd Air and Utah Airguns are big dealers for RAW. Neither shows a walnut stock any more.

But Utah may have a good looking blue laminate in stock?

https://utahairguns.com/raw-hm1000xlrt-blue-laminate/

Seems like there has been a lot of waiting for RAW to build rifles to order lately, so if you really want one grab one that is in stock.

That would be rather overkill (for the dollars spent) for only 35 yards IMHO.

RAWS aren't quiet unless you have a custom made AZ Mousefart shroud specific to your gun.

Since you don't mind the weight considering a lower power RAW HM1000 I would say get an HW100 with laminate stock that's quieter. Especially a 12fpe 177 version even the HW110 from KRALE. Probably THE QUIETEST PCP straight out of the box you can buy now. 120 shots per 3000psi fill. I would recommend the HW110 12fpe version for only 35 yards.

https://youtu.be/tZy1oQ1mHM8

Hey guys thanks for the info. I was looking to get the lower power HM1000 instead on the HM1000X as my backyard range only goes to 35 yards and I want to keep it quiet. I am going to give Airguns USA a call.

Wow! 35 yards with HM1000? A bit overkill like Odoyle said. My pellet trap is at 34 yards and I practice hold over with my 1701 at 450 FPS, I can manage a 1/2 inch group on a nice windless day. my 1720 @680FPS easily shoots 1/2 inch groups most of the time with less than 1 mil drop from my 20 yard zero, I just received my Dream-Tac compact in 177 and @ 650FPS I can shoot 1/2 inch group with ease, all guns are very quiet with the 1720 being the quietest mouse fart out of 3, it's also the cheapest because I bought it used for 300 bucks. 

I would highly recommend a couple of low power guns with one really low power like 1701 as a challenge because even with my 1720 at just under 700FPS or 6.5 FPE gets rather boring unless it's 7-8MPH or more wind. If you get a RAW or the HW110 at 11.5 FPE you will get bored of putting pellets through the same hole over and over again. With the 1701 shooting 7.4 grain pellet @450FPS(3FPE), anything over 2-3mph wind would move POI so it's actually super awesome training tool because I have to check the wind just about every shot. However at 20 yards it's still pretty much sending the pellets through the same hole even with a little wind. 

Believe it or not even a 177 Hatsan Flash when cranked all the way down to its minimum power setting (16-18fpe in 177 its a 30fpe 177 rifle straight out of the box) it's pretty darn quiet and only needs 2000psi to fill when cranked down for almost 40 good unregulated shots that does considerably better than a half inch at 40 yards.

The Walther Reign is a good gun if distances are around 30 yards or less. Not sure about pushing 35 yards with its 100+fps spread though unless you chrony it to find its 20-25 shot sweet spot range to know what pressure to fill it to.

Jeff, if you want an HM1000, that's what you should get. I have a standard power HM1000 in .22, it's a great rifle. It will certainly offer you the option of a competent longer range rifle, should you have that opportunity. I have an HW100, and yes it is quieter than the RAW, but that doesn't matter if the RAW is quiet enough for your needs. I have had mine several years, and it has the old style moderator that Martin made. I notice some of the new rifles have a silencer the size of a car muffler. They're probably quieter, but I personally find such a large appendage undesirable. You should definitely call Martin. I'm not sure what stock or moderator options he can offer. I think a lot of his parts sourcing is from the folks in TX, but I don't know if that includes stocks. He obviously had the equipment and talent to make them before his relationship with AirForce, but I'm not sure if he has the time and resources to have continued it. 

I agree with Odoyle with Hw110 12 fpe for that distance.Or buy hw 100 with wood stock. 

I had both and they are great rifles. 

Also 12 fpe. 177 Air Arms s510 is great and accurate rifle. And with walnut stock is beautiful. 
IMG_20210110_093945.1613047504.jpg

35341BF8-2FF1-4C07-8412-380D9586FE2F.1613057559.png

I sure have ordered from them. Have also been on the phone many times. Everyone I spoke with is pleasant but, I received the .22 rifle and it leaked profusely from the action upon arrival with a HPA tank dated 3 years old. I sent the bottle and action back for warranty service and it has been 3 weeks without an answer. I call and ask for update on repair and get different pleasant answers each time. 
You can get custom stocks made from few different companies,Boyd’s or Gary Cane comes to mind. 
My other rifle was ordered a little over a month ago and website states wait time is 6-8 weeks. I am waiting to see how that goes. I have inquired about the build when I have called about the warranty repair progress but no information other then standard “It is in process”

Both I and another member of AGN received new RAW TM1000s, .177, HV, FT stocked rifles within a day or 2 of each other in late December. I went directly to Martin in July of last year to order mine. I believe the other individual dealt with Martin also. At the time Martin said he had only 4 FT stocks left and he didn't know if there would be any more. I took a black laminate and the other member the walnut. Give Martin a call, he may be able to build what you want. Odd that Walnut stocks are no longer available from RAW and that no stock is available other than the chassis. Apparently a lot of things are up in the air concerning RAW rifles.

Delta Stryker 5-50x56mm, MOA DLS-3. I like high mounts - BKL 566 plus EV INS-34mm.

TMDS s.1613074011.jpg

Moderator internals for the .177 titanium shrouded barrel. I don't believe the HM1000 moderators would be the same

My TM moderator 2.1613074249.jpg

Martin sells the same basic rifles for the same price, but will do modifications. Having worked for Theoben from the age of 15, his experience dates back to the Countryman. He actually built all the various models when they were issued, all the way through to RAW. He knows his stuff.

Today he owns Airguns USA. and he and Sandra provide the same friendly service as in the past.

Martin sells the same basic rifles for the same price, but will do modifications. Having worked for Theoben from the age of 15, his experience dates back to the Countryman. He actually built all the various models when they were issued, all the way through to RAW. He knows his stuff.

Today he owns Airguns USA. and he and Sandra provide the same friendly service as in the past.

Great information. Thank you. 

If wanting to do more TARGET work ? I would take a single load design over a magazine any day of the week and especially on a match day !!!

Want high shot count .... Bottle for sure. WANT BOTH FEATURES ? Order a Custom TM-1000 from Martin at RAW !!!! Pick from a few stock types as well.

Nothing like a BOTTLED "TM" AKA: TM-1000 Bottled.

DSCF0687.1613090529.JPG
rsz_dscf9690.1613090594.jpg
As it is today .. as new @ 5 years ago