• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Raw hm1000 vs panthera

Quite a bit different guns.
The FX can be configured many different ways for caliber and power. The RAW is more of a set it and forget it platform. Properly setup though the RAW can be supremely accurate. I love the solid feel and gorgeous construction of the RAW. It really does depend on your intended use.

We can help a bit more if you can give us some ideas about your objectives.

I have an original Theoben rapid MKII 25cal maybe 15 plus years old and just yesterday installed a raw chassis on it. verry Nice stock and I have had Fx’s and sold them all but this one will never be sold this platform is just a joy to shoot no big tuning problems.accuracy is outstanding and easy to shoot.

Have never used FX Airguns, but own 3 RAW HM1000x's. Shooting .177, .20, .22 and .25 calibers. Plenty of power for my needs which is targets out to 100 yards. Very simple, but elegant, solid rifles that lend themselves to endless hammer, valve, plenum, regulator and stock mods/tinkering.

Don't hunt or want to shoot anything over 34 grain pellets/slugs:).

RAW - Walnut3.JPG

RAW - .25 Caliber.JPG

RAW HM1000x.JPG

As many have said the RAW is an excellent pellet rifle, the FX Panthera is a purpose built air rifle for slugs which is the trend is high powered long distance air guns. Pellets vs slugs have entirely different methods of stabilizing and in general, slugs like speed and are sensitive to things like twist rate, choked vs unchoked barrels, then you come into the issue of cut vs button **** or hammer forged barrels.

If you want high power, and easy tuning by the FX Panthera.

I have a 2022 RAW HM1000x and have figured a way to try out various regulator and hammer tension settings, but it is not nearly as easy nor convenient as the FX models. Also the FX Panthera has a larger plenum, useful in shooting heavier slugs.

RAW HM1000x regulator testing (2).jpg

RAW HM1000 LRT and Huma reg tester.jpg