• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW - Branded Accessories?

I shot with Jeff Cloud the first day of the Republic of Texas Match back in November and he was testing them out on his RAW. It looked slick but I did not study it. I am sure he will see this and chime in. Something I hope isn’t getting missed is not the weight but the balance aspect. I like heavy match rifles but without balance it can be a mess. Looks to me like RAW is utilizing the the M Lok chassis system to allow the owners to mess with adding weight and balance. I don’t shoot a RAW match rifle so no dog in this hunt or no experience with their weight or balance. Just bringing my experience from the 10M rifle world. People who shoot 10M rifle pile on the wheel weights to get their rifles balanced. They aren’t trying to add weight. They are trying to achieve a balanced rifle.
Here is the weight setup on the front of my TM1000. I used some of the Rok-Lok weights, a BKL scope ring, and a Talon buttstock tank clamp and extender to mount this setup out front on my rifle and balance it out. I also have Gray Ops CNC weights on the chassis and buttstock to add some weight to the rifle so that it is more steady when shooting from the WFTF position. I have lots of tuning options. RAW might offer this setup for sale if folks call and ask.
IMG_9969.jpeg

I also use the Rok-Lok on my HM1000X rifle setup for EFT, because the weight out front helps tame muzzle flip from heavy .25cal pellets. I attach the Rok-Lok to the Gray Ops CNC ARCA rail and hang them out off the front. My bipod or shooting sticks can go right behind them. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Great question.

Probably a different answer for everyone, but for me that line of demarcation is when the gun is no longer useable as a gun. Ie can it reasonably be carried in the field? Can it be shouldered? Can it be shot from the varying positions guns are typically shot from (offhand, leaning against a post, rested on a fence, from a bumbag or stool or off the knee etc) and still put the projectile where desired?

So is it a projectile launching machine sitting atop a table, or is it a functional gun meant and intended to be held and operated?

Mounting a 4.6lb weight (like in the case of one of the RAW offerings that started this discussion) turns it into a projectile launching machine relegated to a table top.
With all the weight on my EFT rig, it weighs 19 pounds. I told the local EFT match director that we should start calling it Mobile BR, because the guns are trending to get heavier, and have harmonic barrel tuners, and hair triggers, but you have to shoot them from sticks in the field!

With all the weight on my EFT rig, it weighs 19 pounds. I told the local EFT match director that we should start calling it Mobile BR, because the guns are trending to get heavier, and have harmonic barrel tuners, and hair triggers, but you have to shoot them from sticks in the field!

That ship has already sailed for AAFTA field target, but makes a guy wonder if weight limits (and other equipment specifications?) need to be put in place for Extreme Field Target.

Both of the co-founders of long range/high power field target as we know it wanted it to remain simple and pure. Ie let the arms race be AAFTA, and let the hunters come use their hunting rigs for high power/long range ft, and let the best marksmen win.

Last edited: