• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid RAW BM500x dovetail spec.....

Does anyone know the exact dovetail spec for BM500X actions.? I have one coming & want to get a ring/ scope battle plan ready. Martin's office is closed till Sept so I can't get any info from him for abit. I'm all to familiar with one persons 11mm actually bieng 13mm or 3/8. Most 11mm are also 60 degree vs 45 of a 3/8" dovetail I don't like one size fits all anything on rail adaptors or rings so I go exact. I just feel better that way:) I can measure when it gets here but would like a jump on it. I'm mounting a 10-15x60 sightron on it. I have a Warne CZ true 11mm rail to 1913 I could use . I also have Talley 11mm rings but there to low I suspect. I swore I'd never go dovetail again but here I am..lol😂
Joe

I have two tm1000 which is basically the bm500 I’m picky also but I’ve not had a problem as in perfect fit using the squeeze type dovetail to picatinny adapters flawless adapters and they don’t budge when properly tightened. I prefer eagle VISION 30 mm side mount Ring’s for field target scopes. This will allow you to keep your scope low!

Reactions: Jaxjax
I have two tm1000 which is basically the bm500 I’m picky also but I’ve not had a problem as in perfect fit using the squeeze type dovetail to picatinny adapters flawless adapters and they don’t budge when properly tightened. I prefer eagle VISION 30 mm side mount Ring’s for field target scopes. This will allow you to keep your scope low!
Are these the individual adapters that have the single pic rail slot ?

I tried on of those…the utg version.

The pins bent, and it appeared the scope was mounted offset. I didn’t like it.

I went thru this for years with springers & I think it made me mental with getting it right. Mild OCD maybe..something..lol
anyway. There is a drastic differance between 3/8 & 11mm. There not even close really. The either or 3/8-11mm combo aspect of alot of rings always didn't sit right with me knowing one side was at the wrong angle no matter what. On'y the flipable side claw can go 45 to 60 degrees. I'm sure it all works just fine & have ran BKL 1 piece mounts in past & alot of others. I know of solutions that make my brain happy, but looks like I'll need to measure & check angle when it gets here. I realize there is no set standard for dovetails. The CZ people been going thru dovetail ....... for a long time. Area 419, DIP, Warne all have 11mm solutions. Murphy's Precision has a real nice one as well.
11-mm-dovetail.jpg38-inch-dovetail (1).jpg
I'll let ya know what I come up with on the actual dovetail measurement & route I take with a pic too.
Joe