• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid RAW BM500X .22 cut rifled barrel twist rate 1:27"

Hi Mubhaur,
I got my hm1000x back from Martin. He made some adjustments and New valve and stem. I tried to set up my old Chrony so i could get some data, but it is not working properly. I aksed Martin to set the rifle up for a heavier projectile...the Jumbo Monsters at 25.39g. They shot Very well. I had some from 10yrs ago and purchased a new batch. Martin had mentioned to use the shallow skirt redisigned pellets, but i have not seen that one in the market. I have also purchased some of the lighter weight slugs to try out. I got a small sample of the existing slugs in .218 or 5.53 diameter. These were rather tight fitting into barrel. Tight to the point where it was difficlt to fully insert the slug on single load without using the probe. I have yet to hit the range at 100 yards, but in the small 15m range i can make from shooting end to end in my apartment, the groupings were promising, but who knows how they will open/tighten up at longer range until i get there. The slugs used in this sample are the Zan 23g in 5.53, the FX hybrid in 22g and the H&N hp2 in 25g and the 25g Javilin2(the onle so far that the rifle did not shoot well). Have fun testing Mubhaur
Michael

Reactions: mubhaur
Hi Mubhaur,
I got my hm1000x back from Martin. He made some adjustments and New valve and stem. I tried to set up my old Chrony so i could get some data, but it is not working properly. I aksed Martin to set the rifle up for a heavier projectile...the Jumbo Monsters at 25.39g. They shot Very well. I had some from 10yrs ago and purchased a new batch. Martin had mentioned to use the shallow skirt redisigned pellets, but i have not seen that one in the market. I have also purchased some of the lighter weight slugs to try out. I got a small sample of the existing slugs in .218 or 5.53 diameter. These were rather tight fitting into barrel. Tight to the point where it was difficlt to fully insert the slug on single load without using the probe. I have yet to hit the range at 100 yards, but in the small 15m range i can make from shooting end to end in my apartment, the groupings were promising, but who knows how they will open/tighten up at longer range until i get there. The slugs used in this sample are the Zan 23g in 5.53, the FX hybrid in 22g and the H&N hp2 in 25g and the 25g Javilin2(the onle so far that the rifle did not shoot well). Have fun testing Mubhaur
Michael
I understand that your gun has polygonal barrel.

Happy shooting 🔫

Hi Mubhaur,
Michael
You should try some NSA's out. I shoot the 17.5gr and 20.2gr in .2175 diameter, the only slugs that fit my barrel correctly in my RAW HMx .22.

Reactions: mubhaur