RAW Airguns Quality Question

Unless something has recently changed, Martin is still assembling all the RAW rifles in his TN shop. I have no reason to think the quality is not still top shelf. I believe some parts sourcing was taken over by the Texas folks, and I suppose there could be quality issues involved there, but I have not heard any such reports. I'm retired and from a corporate background and, there is one certainty about mergers and acquisitions.....things change. The typical CEO mentality when pursuing a target acquisition, promise everything, get the deal closed, then do anything you want! A sad commentary, but too often true. Whether Martin builds them all or not, he can certainly build one that you order from him, and that's the only way I would buy one. 

Unless something has recently changed, Martin is still assembling all the RAW rifles in his TN shop. I have no reason to think the quality is not still top shelf. I believe some parts sourcing was taken over by the Texas folks, and I suppose there could be quality issues involved there, but I have not heard any such reports. I'm retired and from a corporate background and, there is one certainty about mergers and acquisitions.....things change. The typical CEO mentality when pursuing a target acquisition, promise everything, get the deal closed, then do anything you want! A sad commentary, but too often true. Whether Martin builds them all or not, he can certainly build one that you order from him, and that's the only way I would buy one.

Thanks! How would one order it from him?

Antoni, in answer to your original question, I think you will find both the HM and TM configurations in FT. My HM shoots better when using the single shot tray. Since the TM is a dedicated single shot rifle, it's easier to load, and I would prefer it for a dedicated FT rifle. I'm not a FT competitor, so you will probably receive more informed recommendations.

I've had two RAW rifles built by Martin. I've had only 2 problems, both were self-inflicted, and both were corrected by Martin for a reasonable charge (along with some good natured ribbing about my tech skill). Also, one of my rifles lost accuracy, with wide velocity spreads, and Martin walked me through disassembly, cleaning and lubing the hammer assembly, and that set it straight. I have only high praise for him as a maker and technician. Again, I don't know for a fact that he still builds every rifle, but I know he will build one that is ordered from him. 

I have a TN built HMx LRT, incredible! A friend has a TN built and a AF built both HMx LRT's in .22...no discernible difference in build quality or accuracy.

Just curious, but does your friend know that his Texas rifle was actually built there, or, was it just ordered through them? The AF site used to have some language about their RAW rifles being built and tested in TN, then shipped out of TX. 

I don't know how many times I've posted this on this forum, but again for reference, We Don't Build Any RAW Guns In Texas. Martin still builds every rifle we sell, whether you buy through the Rapid Air Weapons site or Martins Airguns-USA site you are getting the same internal parts, the same actions, the same stocks and the same barrels. The difference is that if you want something outside the preview of what we offer as a base rifle ( ie: a custom tune, a custom moderator, or something else) then Martin can do that for you through Airgun USA. 

I don't know how many times I've posted this on this forum, but again for reference, We Don't Build Any RAW Guns In Texas. Martin still builds every rifle we sell, weather you buy through the Rapid Air Weapons site or Martins Airguns-USA site you are getting the same internal parts, the same actions, the same stocks and the same barrels. The difference is that if you want something outside the preview of what we offer as a base rifle ( ie: a custom tune, a custom moderator, or something else) then Martin can do that for you through Airgun USA. 

Incredibly clear.