• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid RAW airguns = low quality?

this pre AF made inhouse by marting is leaps ahead of my daystate airwolf or any other ag i have used. the quality and acuracy are byond expectation....im putting 10 shots 28 yards in sub 1.5 mm ctc out doors. and 5 shots at 50 yards outdoors sub 4 mm ctc and its a 177 i mean really can i ask for any better than that.... it will bust asprin tablits at 50.... i have no need to buy another air gun... acuraccy and quality.. i hope you all like my green machine..... i just nick names it!

IMG_6832.JPG

Last edited:
If you have been into Airguns as long as I have then you will have heard the same things. That ā€œRAW Airguns arenā€™t as good as they used to be.ā€ I have no idea who or where this started, but is it true? Letā€™s find outā€¦.

RAW Airgun QUALITY? | Airgun Advisor |

After reading the title of this thread, I was intrigued/shocked to say the least. After 88 replies and 5,000 views it appears the that you have the answer to your question. ā€œRAW Airguns = Super HIGH qualityā€ should be the new title.

A vast majority strongly disagree with the thread title, and see the RAW platform ( both pre and post Airforce ) as an extremely reliable high quality platform. Pretty sure your intention was to refute the video, but if Martin himself was reading this entire thread, he should feel good that the AGN community has his back.

My first Benchrest rifle was built prior to the Airforce takeover, and it was a RAW HM1000x .22 caliber gray laminate thumb hole stock. Purchased from SPAW about 4 or 5 years ago, built by Martin. It is the most accurate gun I own, at 50 and 100 yards. Extremely reliable, built like a tank and best trigger of the guns I have/ had. I.e.,Red Wolf Safari, HW100, FX Royale, Taipan Long, FX Boss, Marauder, Daystate Revere, Daystate Regal XL, and EVOL Paradigm.

All are great guns in their own right, but the RAW stands out for me. Martin is currently building me a new TM1000x .177 for precision Benchrest target shooting, and I eagerly await trying it out for the 30Y and 40Y target challenges. A truly great guy, always helpful and Iā€™m happy he sees every gun that goes out the door.

Tom

After reading the title of this thread, I was intrigued/shocked to say the least. After 88 replies and 5,000 views it appears the that you have the answer to your question. ā€œRAW Airguns = Super HIGH qualityā€ should be the new title.

A vast majority strongly disagree with the thread title, and see the RAW platform ( both pre and post Airforce ) as an extremely reliable high quality platform. Pretty sure your intention was to refute the video, but if Martin himself was reading this entire thread, he should feel good that the AGN community has his back.

My first Benchrest rifle was built prior to the Airforce takeover, and it was a RAW HM1000x .22 caliber gray laminate thumb hole stock. Purchased from SPAW about 4 or 5 years ago, built by Martin. It is the most accurate gun I own, at 50 and 100 yards. Extremely reliable, built like a tank and best trigger of the guns I have/ had. I.e.,Red Wolf Safari, HW100, FX Royale, Taipan Long, FX Boss, Marauder, Daystate Revere, Daystate Regal XL, and EVOL Paradigm.

All are great guns in their own right, but the RAW stands out for me. Martin is currently building me a new TM1000x .177 for precision Benchrest target shooting, and I eagerly await trying it out for the 30Y and 40Y target challenges. A truly great guy, always helpful and Iā€™m happy he sees every gun that goes out the door.

Tom
what fps is martin seting urs up to shoot and what pellet is he tuning the gun for?

Was curious on the barrel length of your Dreamcicle?, my BM has a considerable longer barrel? Iā€™m considering HFT next yr. And would like a shorter barrel. There is about 2ā€ of shroud I can delete but will eliminate the diffuser ports at end of barrel.
I recognize the surroundings in that pic, 2022 Tn.State FT match at Roz's hollow, and you won high match score iirc?

EDIT: My bad, I replied to the wrong response, meant to reply to K-Dog

Last edited:
what fps is martin seting urs up to shoot and what pellet is he tuning the gun for?

TM1000x .177 - I opted for the 15.89 .177 JSB at 910-920 FPS. Originally, I was going for the 13.4g at 810 FPS, but I want to be able to shoot up to 50y for the various Target Challenges. I.e., 30, 40y challenges and N50 practice cards cards. My concern on the 13.4 g was at 810 FPS, it will be tricky over 30 yards with any wind.

Last edited:
TM1000x .177 - I opted for the 15.89 .177 JSB at 910-920 FPS. Originally, I was going for the 13.4g at 810 FPS, but I want to be able to shoot up to 50y for the various Target Challenges. I.e., 30, 40y challenges and N50 practice cards cards. My concern on the 13.4 g was at 810 FPS, it will be tricky over 30 yards with any wind.
there is no 15.89 in 177 .. .correct me if im rong.... but ive never heard of see a 15.89 in .177

Tom
I also have a pre-AF HMx .22 purchased from Ken Hick's of SPAW and re-tuned by Martin, just an incredibly consistently accurate PCP, can sit for a couple weeks, no POI shift, if I miss, yup, my fault...šŸ˜‚šŸ‘...it's trigger is now the standard by which I judge all other triggers and mines barrel is not pellet picky and shoots slugs as accurately (lots of work to find but well worth it).

Reactions: tommyb
you want yr .177 raw set up to shoot 16.2 grain at 920sh fps is that what yr trying to acomplih?

Yes, see my posts #93 and #94. This is exactly what I want to do with the new RAW, and Martin recommended this scenario for me. I can always re-tune and go back to shooting the 13.4 with the lower velocity.

As I was reading this thread, OP stated precision bench rest as well 30-40 yards.

Just as an FYI if not knowing The LV class is a maximum of 12 fpe. The HV class a 20 fpe maximum.
more weight you shoot in any caliber, one must go slower in FPS to stay within the FPE limitations if present.
Giggle precision shooting the power does not mater outside of whats found as the most accurate ;)