RAW Rapid RAW airguns = low quality?

yes, I believe all series are exactly same before and after. I just haven’t had the same level of accuracy in the HM-x guns post AF? A very good friend I shoot with has found the same traits in his HM-x guns?
Could it be ??? ..... That the X guns are running at higher output and larger caliber :unsure:
It is pretty well an acknowledged fact that the smaller calibers at slower speeds are the more accurate.

So is it that we View & Don't take into consideration the distance giving the idea of Pre X guns being more accurate ? A Question :rolleyes:

I got a .177cal RAW HM1000x a couple years ago directly from Martin (post AF). The rifle has been exceptional and it was clear that there was an exceptional level of care when it was assembled. I just received a .22cal cal RAW HM1000x from Martin a couple months ago (again, post AF). The .22cal is still exceptionally accurate. However, the same level of care was DEFINITELY not used when assembling the rifle. Here were some of the issues:
  • The wrong bolt was used to attach the action to the stock (it was too long). The action could move around even though the bolt was fully tightened.
  • The sidelever and linkage wasn't lubed
  • The trigger was set heavy and with a lot of creep before stage 2
  • The detent on the barrel isn't directly opposite the transfer port
I know these are nitpicky things, but I would have expected nothin less than flawless directly from Martin. I almost feel like someone else built the rifle??? And I'm definitley still happy with the rifle, just a bit disappointed in the assembly... hopefully nothing is messed up that I haven't seen 🫤

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Could it be ??? ..... That the X guns are running at higher output and larger caliber :unsure:
It is pretty well an acknowledged fact that the smaller calibers at slower speeds are the more accurate.

So is it that we View & Don't take into consideration the distance giving the idea of Pre X guns being more accurate ? A Question :rolleyes:
Dear Motorhead,

As per my testing "smaller caliber at slower speeds" is not as accurate as larger caliber at higher speeds.

As far as traditional LW barrels are concerned, you may be right but in FX liners .22 caliber 25 gain redesigned at 1020fps are very accurate,.

.25 34 grain JSB are very accurate at 950fps.

Similarly .30 caliber is also accurate with 44.75 grain pellets at above 950 fps.

Looks like either I couldn't get you or there is difference in your experiment results and mine.

Bhaur

44.75 @ 860
5 @ 75 about 1/2 hour ago
bottom shot is a sighter.
PXL_20230917_161909618.jpg

Dear Motorhead,

As per my testing "smaller caliber at slower speeds" is not as accurate as larger caliber at higher speeds.

As far as traditional LW barrels are concerned, you may be right but in FX liners .22 caliber 25 gain redesigned at 1020fps are very accurate,.

.25 34 grain JSB are very accurate at 950fps.

Similarly .30 caliber is also accurate with 44.75 grain pellets at above 950 fps.

Looks like either I couldn't get you or there is difference in your experiment results and mine.

Bhaur
What ever works for you .... nothing is ever etched in stone except for perhaps grave stones !!!
Yea brave new world out there in AG land with new barrel twists, projectile shapes and weight bias shifts etc ... what was yesterdays gold standard is changing it seems in leaps & bounds :unsure:

What ever works for you .... nothing is ever etched in stone except for perhaps grave stones !!!
Yea brave new world out there in AG land with new barrel twists, projectile shapes and weight bias shifts etc ... what was yesterdays gold standard is changing it seems in leaps & bounds :unsure:
Yes today I shot 10 shot group that was 3/4" with .22 Jsb redesigned 25 grain at 980fps at 90 yards.

It was using FX Superior liner that is I think 1:24 twist rate.

I do not know about the quality of newer RAW rifles but I do like my Martin made rifles that are all before the change. This Deep Belly FT stock was recently made by Martin for one of my guns. I'm very lucky to have Martin make this for me and will certainly turn heads at a match. Appropriately named it The Dreamsicle.
1000000844.jpg

PXL_20230918_004924181.jpg

PXL_20230918_004953033.jpg

Screenshot_20230918-094219.png

Screenshot_20230918-094833.png

I have a RAW in 25 that I purchased from Martin himself 6 months ago. It was the best air rifle purchase I’ve ever made. I was so disappointed with my FX Impact, it was sloppy and not the great shooter it was made out to be. The RAW shoots outstanding, blows the FX out of the water.
This is a 12 shot group at 50 yds. Love my RAW.
IMG_1059.jpeg

I have an almost untouched pre-RAW TM1000 in .177 that does fine in FT after 3 years of constant competition. Also does fine in BR 25/50yds. Only thing I did to it recently is send the regulator to Martin for servicing. Also have an early AF 1000x in .30 that's in untouched configuration that'll kick ass up to 100yds, haven't gone any further. The local FX boys with their new "Star Wars" looking FXs, all modified with a bunch of accessories, can't touch it.

Seems like motocross in the late 70s !

• Love
Reactions: Motorhead
I do not know about the quality of newer RAW rifles but I do like my Martin made rifles that are all before the change. This Deep Belly FT stock was recently made by Martin for one of my guns. I'm very lucky to have Martin make this for me and will certainly turn heads at a match. Appropriately named it The Dreamsicle. View attachment 389809

View attachment 389810

View attachment 389811

View attachment 389814

View attachment 389815
That's amazing! Do you still have the Blue .20? That one is probably the best looking airgun I've ever seen. This one though is probably #2

Reactions: RM100GUY
Also have an early AF 1000x in .30 that's in untouched configuration that'll kick ass up to 100yds, haven't gone any further. The local FX boys with their new "Star Wars" looking FXs, all modified with a bunch of accessories, can't touch it.

This is the exact same reason I sold my fx impact, it could not compete either in consistency or accuracy to any of my 5 rapids.

Bb

Last edited: