raw air guns? accuracy and quality

Take a look at the American Airgun Benchest site. They post the results from all the top matches and the guns used.

The top spots at the highest level are dominated by Thomas rifles but after that, it's mostly RAW guns. 

Guns have to be super accurate to be viable for competition at that level so it is fair to say that a RAW gun should be about as accurate as a non-custom air rifle could be out of the box. 

Most of us on this forum are hunter and plinkers and for us, a RAW would be the top-end rifle. These rifles start at about $1700.00 and go up. Most of us (but not all)" would be competing in the "Sportsman Class". According to Alan Zasadney, a .25 or .30 RAW may be the most accurate rifle made ( for this class). Rifles like the Thomas are really for the "pro class " shooters. Many of these rifles are in .177 and for shooting 10-25 meters. These rifles start at $3k and go up. If you are shooting at Extreme Benchrest for the 75 meter, better go with the RAW (although an FX impact won). You can save the .177 Thomas for the 25 meter.

So you have to define what it is you want to do. If you are a plinking-hunter that likes to compete, go with the RAW that will be competitive out to 75 to 100 meters( yards). If you want to strictly limit your focus to 25 meters and under, then I would look at a Thomas, MAC1, Styr, or other custom made rifle. Unfortunately (or fortunitely), one rifle does not fit all, and so most of us have more than one rifle. The RAW is an amazing rifle and most of us would feel lucky to own one.

RAW owner (BM500x 30cal) and former mechanical engineer that worked closely with the machine shops that built what I designed. I can say that the RAW design and workmanship is excellent. On any given day with fairly consistent conditions it will shot sub 1 MOA out to at least 100m. Additionally its very hard to beat their customer service. 

Mark, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there a few national records held by RAW rifles?

I have a .25 HM1000X LRT red laminate. The build quality is about the best I've seen, and I'm an AirWolf owner as well so my expectations are high. Accuracy wise my LRT is as accurate as my AirWolf which is the benchmark for accuracy. Considering my LRT is cranking pellets out at 50.5 fpe this is truly amazing. The trigger is exceptional. The receiver beef and strength is impressive as well as the solid tight feel of the cocking lever. Nothing has disappointed me about my LRT.

As I don't work for RAW, I look at the whole page:

http://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/category/regional-results/

I didn't just pull the part that is best for sales so I saw that the top 4 spots were taken with Thomas rifles and then... in the 5th spot, there you are Mark Buchanan, with one of the RAW guns.

I have nothing bad to say about RAW guns. Really, nothing at all. If money was no object and I was choosing a rifles for pure target shooting, nobody can aregue with the Thomas results.

How did Chip when he worked for Crosman post in different threads? And zebra which classes were you saying that were all Thomas rifles at the top?

Edit: Most of us go off topic on many threads...............But zebra what did your post have to do with the OP's question about RAW rifles. I don't think he was asking how they shoot compared to other brands?

yes mark please post. love to hear what you have to saw about the raw rifles.
I'm thinkning of going with a .177 raw rifle for paper target shooting 25 50 yards and 100 yards is the ranges I'm interested in

​my day sate air wolf is doing 7 mm ctc at 25 meters ..10 shoe more accuratets
and at 50 yards 14 mm ctc.. 5 shots.

I'm thinkning a raw will be more accurate than my air wolf??

"Goodtogo"How did Chip when he worked for Crosman post in different threads? And zebra which classes were you saying that were all Thomas rifles at the top?

Edit: Most of us go off topic on many threads...............But zebra what did your post have to do with the OP's question about RAW rifles. I don't think he was asking how they shoot compared to other brands?
Try reading the thread and you'll see. 

I just got a RAW TM 1000 in .177 for 25m benchrest and for field target, and, oh my, what a rifle. I've owned the FX rifles which are excellent guns, but this thing is of a different ilk. Martin puts together each gun by hand and tests each one. Not just to 20 yards either! The craftmanship is superb. The accuracy is fantastic. I got the polygon barrel and it's shooting the 13gr JSB's like a lasar. I can only stretch it out to just a foot under 20 yards in my basement (it's indoor shooting season here in Ma) but I routinely shoot 250's on the 25m benchrest card and have shoot 750 three card scores. I know that extra 5 yards will make a difference in the scores, but this thing is just a pleasure to shoot. The trigger, IMO, is better than the FX Royale tirggers (which are no slacks) and I haven't even lightened it up yet. 
I like it so much, I may sell my Royale 500, which is an awesome gun, and get a HM 1000x in .25!!