• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW .25 pre-vid findings thread by AEAC

"scrane"
"Dirte"Curious how it is different from my .25 RAW. Also is it worth getting a second?
Seems to me that the "all new" .25 is the standard LRT with the polygon option and a large volume moderator. You can probably buy the polygon barrel + moderator from RAW for a few hundred bucks. This might be worthwhile if you want to shoot heavy pellets at high velocity. Otherwise I think you have more versatility with the LW. If you already have the .25 and you want another RAW the .30 might be better a option. In fact, RAW has a .30 red laminate available for immediate delivery right now!
I like the .25. My .25 shoots at 908 avg (smacks hard). It is my most accurate gun so far. The only fault is it is a bit loud. My .25 Impact is noticeable quieter. .30 will be louder. Of course this variation may be louder also (pushing heavy pellets at close to 900). Curious if this new moderator hushes it at all. It would be cool if RAW would have a full length shroud at some point. I would not be past getting another RAW .25 with a different style stock..... Even though the LRT is great for rear bench bags.

"Jabba954"I think these threads have inundated Martin! I've emailed him a couple of questions over the last 3-4 days and haven't heard anything back. Since my order is still quite new, was hoping I could specify the polygon barrel and the offset mod...
I think the website needs some info. That goes for most airgun manufactures websites. For example the FX Crown that a lot guys have on order. No explanation/information what we have on order. I guess that is why AEAC is so popular. The few guys on youtube are bringing us some unanswered questions.

"Dirte"
"scrane"
"Dirte"Curious how it is different from my .25 RAW. Also is it worth getting a second?
Seems to me that the "all new" .25 is the standard LRT with the polygon option and a large volume moderator. You can probably buy the polygon barrel + moderator from RAW for a few hundred bucks. This might be worthwhile if you want to shoot heavy pellets at high velocity. Otherwise I think you have more versatility with the LW. If you already have the .25 and you want another RAW the .30 might be better a option. In fact, RAW has a .30 red laminate available for immediate delivery right now!
I like the .25. My .25 shoots at 908 avg (smacks hard). It is my most accurate gun so far. The only fault is it is a bit loud. My .25 Impact is noticeable quieter. .30 will be louder. Of course this variation may be louder also (pushing heavy pellets at close to 900). Curious if this new moderator hushes it at all. It would be cool if RAW would have a full length shroud at some point. I would not be past getting another RAW .25 with a different style stock..... Even though the LRT is great for rear bench bags.
I also have a .25, only a HM1000. It was set at the factory for 870fps with the JSB 25.4. It is very accurate. And pretty quiet with the lower velocity. It kills ground squirrels real dead at ranges out to 90yds.
My .25 has the laminated sporter stock, and I also have a .22 with the walnut thumb hole. Both stocks are very well designed and crafted. I prefer the sporter both on the bench and on a bipod. I can't say I'm tempted by the LRT. The comb height on my sporter is idea for me with medium height rings that allow the scope to just clear the magazine.
As long as the unusual shape of the old/new suppressor has a larger volume it should be quieter.
As for a full length shroud, the current configuration with just the sleeve barely clears the carbon tank. You could have a shroud if you reduced the diameter of the tank or redesigned the receiver. The Theoben MFR incorporates a shroud, but it looks like it uses the smaller tank.

"scrane"
"Dirte"
"scrane"
I also have a .25, only a HM1000. It was set at the factory for 870fps with the JSB 25.4. It is very accurate. And pretty quiet with the lower velocity. It kills ground squirrels real dead at ranges out to 90yds.
My .25 has the laminated sporter stock, and I also have a .22 with the walnut thumb hole. Both stocks are very well designed and crafted. I prefer the sporter both on the bench and on a bipod. I can't say I'm tempted by the LRT. The comb height on my sporter is idea for me with medium height rings that allow the scope to just clear the magazine.
As long as the unusual shape of the old/new suppressor has a larger volume it should be quieter.
As for a full length shroud, the current configuration with just the sleeve barely clears the carbon tank. You could have a shroud if you reduced the diameter of the tank or redesigned the receiver. The Theoben MFR incorporates a shroud, but it looks like it uses the smaller tank.
Your right..... They would have to make the receiver taller on a already heavy rifle to make room for a full shroud. I was going to get a .22 RAW thumb hole next but after shooting a .25 in the wind (always breezy here) they sure handle it better.
I'm surprised that a HM would shoot with that much power. Did you modify anything?

For Reference...
HM1000x 25 Full Length Moderator...
7657a615d33ec62d356b63f25710b3e0.jpg

HM100 177 Full Length Double Moderator...

a75e7a2ac956958280ac0729cab260fd.jpg

Specialty Requests and "One Off's" are always available... Just not common enough to be advertised.....

Mark

"Mark Buchanan"For Reference...
HM1000x 25 Full Length Moderator...
7657a615d33ec62d356b63f25710b3e0.jpg

HM100 177 Full Length Double Moderator...

a75e7a2ac956958280ac0729cab260fd.jpg

Specialty Requests and "One Off's" are always available... Just not common enough to be advertised.....

Mark
Wow! I wish I knew that. I would have paid for it. Can it be retrofitted? Looks like it needs the old bottle though???

Haven't seen anything here that makes me want to ditch my .30 LRT! I keep hearing about the "lack" of .30 pellet choices, and here's a .25 designed around ONE pellet. The .30 gets 27 shots on the reg at almost 80fpe and shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Lets talk BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT!! To me, it's the only area this .25 *might* shine over the .30. To my knowledge, no one has shot the .30 (or this poly .25) over 2 chronies simultaneously for a real, actual BC number. Muzzle and 50 yards, muzzle and 75 yards, etc etc. The BC #'s out there for the .30 are too low from what I've seen.

Steve, since the whole point of this new poly barreled .25 is ballistic supremacy, could you do some detailed chrony work on it? At the very least an average muzzle velocity (which u already have) and some 10 shot averages at various distances past 50 yards. With this rifle, I doubt you need to worry about shooting your chronograph! Haha 

I always enjoy your vids, and am really looking forward to this one. Keep up the excellent work!

Brian

"Brian.in.MI"Haven't seen anything here that makes me want to ditch my .30 LRT! I keep hearing about the "lack" of .30 pellet choices, and here's a .25 designed around ONE pellet. The .30 gets 27 shots on the reg at almost 80fpe and shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Lets talk BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT!! To me, it's the only area this .25 *might* shine over the .30. To my knowledge, no one has shot the .30 (or this poly .25) over 2 chronies simultaneously for a real, actual BC number. Muzzle and 50 yards, muzzle and 75 yards, etc etc. The BC #'s out there for the .30 are too low from what I've seen.

Steve, since the whole point of this new poly barreled .25 is ballistic supremacy, could you do some detailed chrony work on it? At the very least an average muzzle velocity (which u already have) and some 10 shot averages at various distances past 50 yards. With this rifle, I doubt you need to worry about shooting your chronograph! Haha 

I always enjoy your vids, and am really looking forward to this one. Keep up the excellent work!

Brian

Thanks Brian. Its already in here for ya buddy. Check the top of page 1 for your shot charts.

"AEAC"
"Brian.in.MI"Haven't seen anything here that makes me want to ditch my .30 LRT! I keep hearing about the "lack" of .30 pellet choices, and here's a .25 designed around ONE pellet. The .30 gets 27 shots on the reg at almost 80fpe and shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Brian

Thanks Brian. Its already in here for ya buddy. Check the top of page 1 for your shot charts.
@AEAC / Steve, yes I see that the average MV is 891 fps, but don't see any down range information that would help us ascertain its actual BC. Can you check it's average 50 yard velocity? 75? 100? Then we'll have an accurate picture of whether this is a true ballistic badass or not. Not trying to "stir" any pots, I just want some accurate data that proves or disproves this barrel / pellet combo's advantage (which is supposed to be be ballistic awesomeness) Otherwise, my .30 LRT is safe (in the safe) Thanks again for the great YT content. You're a big part of why I joined the RAW family to begin with.

Brian

"Brian.in.MI"
"AEAC"

Brian

@AEAC / Steve, yes I see that the average MV is 891 fps, but don't see any down range information that would help us ascertain its actual BC. Can you check it's average 50 yard velocity? 75? 100? Then we'll have an accurate picture of whether this is a true ballistic badass or not. Not trying to "stir" any pots, I just want some accurate data that proves or disproves this barrel / pellet combo's advantage (which is supposed to be be ballistic awesomeness) Otherwise, my .30 LRT is safe (in the safe) Thanks again for the great YT content. You're a big part of why I joined the RAW family to begin with.

Brian

Hi Brian. I'm not wild about putting my beloved CE Crony down range. Aren't there ballistic programs you can use for that sort of thing? Like Hawke Chairgun? I'm pretty sure some have already determined the BC of the King Heavy, then from there it's just math. Perhaps someone can jump in and provide?

"AEAC"
"Brian.in.MI"
"AEAC"

Brian

Brian

Hi Brian. I'm not wild about putting my beloved CE Crony down range. Aren't there ballistic programs you can use for that sort of thing? Like Hawke Chairgun? I'm pretty sure some have already determined the BC of the King Heavy, then from there it's just math. Perhaps someone can jump in and provide?
Yes, but... The most accurate way is to get the velocity measurements at the different distances. If you're worried about placing the crony out there, put a piece of Plexiglas over the breakable bits ;) I hear that the LabRadar will do BC calculations without having to have it out in front of the gun, might be worth the upgrade for things like this.

"Percula"
"AEAC"
"Brian.in.MI"
"AEAC"
Brian.in.MI said:
Haven't seen anything here that makes me want to ditch my .30 LRT! I keep hearing about the "lack" of .30 pellet choices, and here's a .25 designed around ONE pellet. The .30 gets 27 shots on the reg at almost 80fpe and shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Brian

Brian

Yes, but... The most accurate way is to get the velocity measurements at the different distances. If you're worried about placing the crony out there, put a piece of Plexiglas over the breakable bits ;) I hear that the LabRadar will do BC calculations without having to have it out in front of the gun, might be worth the upgrade for things like this.

I've got plenty on my plate Brian and am already on to filming for the next RDW. Let's let one of the other guys take that one on and share. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Steve