Rattle Snake Hunt with a "Replica" Air Gun

"Dog Soldier" is not real bright. Since I don't subscribe to stupid, I'll pass up subscribing to his channel. He said the gun is a "hundred and seventy seven caliber" and it shoots at 380 feet per second. This is cruelty to animals, if we define ethical as ensuring that our game does not suffer any more than necessary, and frankly I don't care much for rattlers myself. That is just not enough gun for the task. A big stick would be a better call. A ten pound rock would be a better call. Really that is just stupid and cruel on so many levels that it pisses me off... errrr. You want to kill something, kill it, don't torture it to death. That is probably just me though. 

One shot through the head of a rattlesnake with a .177 BB or pellet is QUITE sufficient to ethically kill it. There was absolutely NOTHING cruel about the way this snake was "harvested". Trust me I have lived in rattlesnake country for nearly 58 years and although their venom can be quite deadly they are not tough creatures and are not hard to kill at all. The guy had a stick and was in practically no danger at all since the snakes focus was on the stick and not the person. I have killed more snakes than most people will see in 5 lifetimes unless they live in very rural snake country. Should an inexperienced person or child try this...ABSOLUTELY NOT but YouTube is a showplace for DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME videos! Do I think this guy is a genius....ABSOLUTELY NOT. Do I think people are over reacting...... YES I DO! 

Thurmond

Like crossman mentioned, I leave them alone as long as they behave themselves. All my critters have to know the limits here. If they stay out 100 yards they get left alone, Once they come in the yard the game changes. I just do not kill everything that moves, maybe I am getting soft. Squirrels usually get whacked becasue they are chewing the bird feeders, they do not know the limits or they just do not care, so then they take a dirt nap

I understand videos of shooting pest, but some where air gunners went astray I think. it is just not good for the hobby killing everything in sight. I am not a friend of animals, but if you must clean up the pest then do so, but to kill , just to kill and then they will not eat the meat. its a waste. This is my opinion, so I do not want the board to light up.
But in the same sentence showing the killings can be a little more tactful.......