• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ratting vid with my DIY scopecam

customcutter

Do you have any pictures that you can share of what you put together? I have been looking at some options like the Tactacam, but I am always looking for new options. Does your handle customcutter have anything to do with machining?

-PJ
PJ, the moniker customcutter was something I adopted 30+ years ago when I first started on forums. I used to make custom knives back then. I do have 2 milling machines, a lathe, a surface grinder, and other tooling that I used to use when making knives. I wish knew more about how to use them properly. YouTube is my instructor and learning more recently now that I'm retired. I'll start another thread here on AGN, but I posted on the other forum a few months ago.

PJ, the moniker customcutter was something I adopted 30+ years ago when I first started on forums. I used to make custom knives back then. I do have 2 milling machines, a lathe, a surface grinder, and other tooling that I used to use when making knives. I wish knew more about how to use them properly. YouTube is my instructor and learning more recently now that I'm retired. I'll start another thread here on AGN, but I posted on the other forum a few months ago.
customcutter

That makes sense and it is pretty cool that you used to make knives.

Do you by any chance have any photos of what your current camera/scope setup is that you made? I am looking at what is out there and I am considering ideas to create my own setup (possibly something 3D printed). I'm trying to pull a concept together. Cheers.

-PJ

customcutter

That makes sense and it is pretty cool that you used to make knives.

Do you by any chance have any photos of what your current camera/scope setup is that you made? I am looking at what is out there and I am considering ideas to create my own setup (possibly something 3D printed). I'm trying to pull a concept together. Cheers.

-PJ
PJ

I posted a thread in the "Optics" forum. Here's a link. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/my-diy-scopecam-project.1274279/

I guess you couldn't shoot the iguana? (Backstop) Nice video BTW.
Thanks Mark. That is actually a brown anole, they are actually an invasive species as well. They only get about 8-9 inches long, they actually push our native green anoles out of their habitat so they are fair game as well. I only shoot them if they make a pest out of themselves and start triggering my "DD'er". (a term used on the other forum for a Harbor Freight driveway alarm system):D I'm pretty sure they eat small insects, mosquitos, etc so I leave them alone. I have shot a few of them though.

customcutter

I didn't realize you had already posted it. I checked it out and it looks like nice setup. I went ahead and copied the AliExpress link so that I can order the prismatic cube. Thanks for the link to the optics post. Cheers

-PJ
PJ, my pleasure. I wanted to get my post count up in case something comes up in the classifieds. LOL

@customcutter This is some nice scope cam footage, especially considering that you DIYed your camera. I also looked at the lenses in the links you posted. This is 5MP quality? Not bad at all. From what distance did you shoot the mouse?
It's about 25yds to the bait station from where I shot at. Thanks, I'm happy with the results, but need to change the 16mm lens for the 12mm lens so that there is a wider FOV. It was taken at 6X on the 3-12 power BSA scope.