Rats on a boat.

Yeah I have shot on moving platforms many times in powder burner competions. Some just handgun distances and others rifles distances to simulate being on a helicopter. It is fun and challenging. Even did some from speeding fourwheelers and out of the back of pickup trucks. 5k run and guns give you all kinds of challenges when they represent green beret missions.

Seems like the swinging boat, and olympic stages would be frustrating as heck. Hard to tell which target was even the one you're supposed to be shooting at through the scope anyway.
I think the targets are numbered for each shooter with the idea being that if you shoot the wrong target you’re giving points (maybe) to the other shooter. It looked like they were using too much magnification, at least more than I’d want.

The only position that would be more involved in building is the “swinging boat”. I’d like to do this outside but will need to hang it from something. I do have a little cabin my daughter and I are building, I’ll have to see if she’ll let me use it for that once in awhile… :) We could shoot out the open door. I could build the other shooting “structures” from wood if we wanted to keep everything together. Or I suppose I could get creative and make this a woods course using trees for hanging stuff or putting shooting supports against. The cabin is built along side our woods so we could do it all from there. Putting this outside will also allow for different yardages and my area would be safe enough to shoot 22 rimfire too. This could be fun!

We actually did one in a real boat on water. You had to pull yourself out in the middle of a pond and engage steel poppers out to 250 yards. Had to hold on to the rope as the wind would push you away from the rope. All on a par time. Pretty crazy but very educational. One guy did let the rope go and started to float away. He had to use his rifle to paddle back to the rope and pull himself back to the bank to end his time.

Reactions: 450BM