Rats by night

Thanks again Ranchibi. I'm always amazed at all the things available for these things. And for 10 bucks how could I go wrong.

Thanks for the info John8. What I am curious about is where you found the K1 in .177??? I didn't even think they existed yet. And yes, I imagine the shot count is over the top.

You’re so welcome! MikeHunt and I are fellow ratters and enjoy helping others if at all possible. Doing it on the cheap is even better! I’m always researching for the best deals. LOL! Have fun!

messages_0.1633010612.jpeg

Peanut Butter + Chocolate Syrup a rodent favorite 

Yes I'd love an ATN but I spent a wad on other stuff so I am giving CC a break.

Here's what a $40 doorbell cam can do.

https://youtu.be/Vz2HboQ-tU8

Can we take this a step further and mount the night vision doorbell cam to view through the optic? There would have to be a secondary sighting device on the rifle to initially get on target, and i suppose a fairly powerful IR light source. Once your target is visible on the screen, zero in and take the shot while viewing from your screen. 

Yes I'd love an ATN but I spent a wad on other stuff so I am giving CC a break.

Here's what a $40 doorbell cam can do.

Can we take this a step further and mount the night vision doorbell cam to view through the optic? There would have to be a secondary sighting device on the rifle to initially get on target, and i suppose a fairly powerful IR light source. Once your target is visible on the screen, zero in and take the shot while viewing from your screen.

Sounds like you want to use the infrared feature of the doorbell camera? It's bout the same size as a THICK cell phone and could be affixed, never tried. Try it!!!

I big shout out to @Ranchibi. He 'schooled' me on use of the doorbell cam and pointed me to the exact product on Amazon.

With his guidance I am getting previously unknown shot opportunities on rats that are actually scarce, skittish and I get video.

Super Kewl!!!

Very kind words sir! We all share info that has helped numerous people....what forums are for....sharing of KNOWLEDGE! Tight lines!

Tight Lines... YES

16330266931223232137885881697696.1633026712.jpg

More is better and I'm just adding to an already huge pile of these lures

Oh YEAH! Kastmasters plus some soft baits! Just picked up a POUND (tub) of Cals reel grease and some Daiwa jigs for yellowtail, tuna and Hoo as I went thru a whole tub…took me 7 years but that’s A LOT of reels I serviced! Cal blueprinted one of my 30 reels drags, he also will fabricate different gears ratios like a 1 to 1 when a tuna is circling, wenches it right up! Can NEVER have enough lures/jigs…NEVER! LOL!

Tight Lines... YES

More is better and I'm just adding to an already huge pile of these lures

Oh YEAH! Kastmasters plus some soft baits! Just picked up a POUND (tub) of Cals reel grease and some Daiwa jigs for yellowtail, tuna and Hoo as I went thru a whole tub…took me 7 years but that’s A LOT of reels I serviced! Cal blueprinted one of my 30 reels drags, he also will fabricate different gears ratios like a 1 to 1 when a tuna is circling, wenches it right up! Can NEVER have enough lures/jigs…NEVER! LOL!

I like the 1:1 ratio for close quarters because it screams... "Get In The Boat Now!!!!"

There's a lot of combinations using KastMaster (plus Rooster Tail and Little Cleo) and soft bait, LOTS, and easy to try many with a snap swivel on the end! I always take a couple dozen nightcrawlers in case they get picky.

Your guy has some chops to create the gearing and make all of that work. Your reels are a TOTALLY different animal than what I use. BTW I hate fly fishing but I fish flies under a bobber frequently and score too ;)

I only have a couple decent spin reels... a Lews for Winter Steelhead because that sport consumes reels. 

Tight Lines Bro!!!