Rats at a new permission

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Landed a new permission thru word of mouth. This farm is large and very clean with some rats, starlings & even coyotes.

I tried out my Air Arm S510 .177 caliber with my Pard008. It is a 12 ft.lb gun and it was very effective in dropping rats with head shots.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35eCguegjFk&t=68s

@KatoKevin454. Thank you. Yes the S510 has been shooting extremely well for a long time. I wanted to try it out on the rats and it proved its value. However, I wanted to eliminate these rodents as many as possible, so I switch back to using my HW100 .22 with 27ft.lb shooting the AA16gr. This set up is much more effective as I don't need to rely on head shots only with the S510. My second visit was with the HW100 in which I tagged 20 and collected 15. Video to follow soon. Thanks for watching.

@Blackpaw. Yes, I was very lucky to have helped one of the hay farmers with his pistol issue and of course he knows all the farmers whom he sells the hay to. ya. lucky me as he is eager to hook me up with more permissions. Hopefully the other farmers feel comfortable with AG and that they have some pests problem as well. Will see what happen. Thanks for watching. 

@max115
Enjoyed this one as usual. Glad to see you back to ratting. From the time the theme music comes on I’m glued to the screen. This appears to be a shooting gallery! Not because it’s filthy and infested, but because there is a concrete highway that’s afforded the rats some serious protection. Snakes are the only predators I can think of that can get to them in there and they may be able to give one a serious run for his money in that space.

You’re very professional in your approach. I liked how you opted to not take the shot into the feeding pen because of the possibility of a ricochet off of the fence rail. Once you get the lay of the land here this should be a pretty content rich permission. Looking forward to more. Nice shooting! Keep the content coming and thanks for sharing. 

Dave

@Ezana4CE. Thank you Dave. Yes this location is wonderful and plenty of spots for me to set up and ambush these rodents. I am getting more familiar to the area now after a couple of visits and there are a few more area I have yet to explore. This farm is extremely well kept, clean and not many garbage area with junks hence the rat population here is not as bad. But there are enough for me to shoot as long as I don't take them all out at once, lol. Farmer is extremely pleased and I got the "come as often as you like" comment. He didn't realize there are as many rats here before watching my video. I have a second video coming up where I tagged 20 rats in three hours.

It is extremely difficult to approach random farmers and ask to shoot pests at their farm without the help, in my case, of a hay farmer. But I got lucky, really lucky to have had the opportunity to help him out with his Walther LP pistol. My reward was securing a new permission and possibly more as he will reach out to his other customers and spread the word of my volunteering work. Therefore, I need to make sure I have zero accident with live stock and property damage at the places I shoot.

Thank you again for your support. It has been two years now since I started with my channel and I am very happy I was able to share my contents with a few more people other than my family member and friends. Sometimes it is hard to continue as it takea a lot of my time to compile and edit for good content. Luckily I got plenty of places to shoot and film plus I do enjoy the challenge of creating better videos especially when I get positive feedback. More to come.