• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rats Are Back

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
My first visit this year to the rat farm after my last coyote hunt there. Not much has changed. Rats are multiplying and coyotes still howling in the area.

I was only able to tag 10 rats this evening with my HW100T .22 shooting the Hades 16gr. I have been using the AA 16gr or the H&N Baracuda 15 in the past. Since I tried the Hades in my last couple of outings for rats, I have grown to liking these. It seemed the rats would just drop on the spot after impact and not running off as much. I guess the expansion of these Hades work.

I also had a chance to play with the new NV200 spotting scope from OneLeaf. It is a good unit to have for spotting as the display screen is big and easy to see. It is large and heavy so using a tripod is better and easier to operate. I set it up by pointing downrange and just watch the screen for movements. It records in 4K 30fps so the image quality is very good. This will definitely come in handy when I am doing my next coyote hunt.

Enjoy.

My first visit this year to the rat farm after my last coyote hunt there. Not much has changed. Rats are multiplying and coyotes still howling in the area.

I was only able to tag 10 rats this evening with my HW100T .22 shooting the Hades 16gr. I have been using the AA 16gr or the H&N Baracuda 15 in the past. Since I tried the Hades in my last couple of outings for rats, I have grown to liking these. It seemed the rats would just drop on the spot after impact and not running off as much. I guess the expansion of these Hades work.

I also had a chance to play with the new NV200 spotting scope from OneLeaf. It is a good unit to have for spotting as the display screen is big and easy to see. It is large and heavy so using a tripod is better and easier to operate. I set it up by pointing downrange and just watch the screen for movements. It records in 4K 30fps so the image quality is very good. This will definitely come in handy when I am doing my next coyote hunt.

Enjoy.

ever thought of baiting the yotes ? pick up a fresh road kill deer and place on the farm ,far away from the buildings . Wait and watch yotes for 2 or 3 night's ,let them get comfortable , Then shoot 2 ,3 ,4 a night. Got this from a friend that has a big problem with the yotes .

ever thought of baiting the yotes ? pick up a fresh road kill deer and place on the farm ,far away from the buildings . Wait and watch yotes for 2 or 3 night's ,let them get comfortable , Then shoot 2 ,3 ,4 a night. Got this from a friend that has a big problem with the yotes .
We used to find a small dead animal and put it in a cage so the yokes could smell it but not get to it; or same setup with a live trap and trap one to call the others in🤪🤙either way using a wounded rabbit call. Never failed to see a pack and get at least 75% of them

@iAMzehTOASTY1. Thanks. Yes the coyotes get very excited with a wounded rabbit call.

@beerthief. Yes, I do use rats, and rabbits for bait on this location. At my other location as per my Coyote#4, the farmer staked a dead calf in the field and use that as a bait. Hopefully I will go to that farm to hunt the coyotes again soon.

@dizzums. Ya the twitching was very contagious. After watching them twitched uncontrollably like that I was beginning to twitch before my shots too LOL. These Hades are my goto pellets for now until I run out of stock.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1