• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

RAT TARGET MOD AND UPGRADES

Do you ever install a torsion spring on the main linkage bolt to put back pressure on the faceplate. I have done this on Diana/Remington targets and it makes them much more reliable. I just bend that little tab, that holds the bottom of the paddle, out of the way.

The reducer on the front and the reset bar are both excellent ideas.
Interesting-
Does it still work with 12 fp? I would like to see pictures if you ever get the chance. Thanks!

All I shoot is 12 ft/lb and they have all been fine. This one will get tested and used in our next match.

The white in the back works very well too.

Face will be painted white or yellow depending on which lane it ends up on. Paddle will be black.

IMG_7192.jpg

All I shoot is 12 ft/lb and they have all been fine. This one will get tested and used in our next match.

The white in the back works very well too.

Face will be painted white or yellow depending on which lane it ends up on. Paddle will be black.

View attachment 356007
Ah, I see-
We do have a target or two with a spring installed like this. Interesting. And technically all our gamo targets have a spring like this.
That little tab you mentioned can be a problem if it is too long and doesn't allow the target to seat properly in place- sort of a 'locked' up position. After testing some I did file that tab down just a bit to make them reset more reliably.
Good suggestion!
Also I have never seen a Diana target somehow, so that's neat.

OK, now I understand what you are describing. I personally have some Remington targets with that 'tab'.
What I was describing that I have had to file down on some rat targets is this tab on the foot. On some it was made just a little too long and the paddle would not lock forward into place as it should. But an easy fix.

I've also replaced a lot of those pressed washers and replaced them with lock nuts.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 4.11.22 PM.png

Reactions: tjmac
I know what you mean. Sometimes the paddle just cannot come forward enough. I have done the same as you describe.

I have not taken that target to the club yet where I have all the hardware to replace the rivets on the linkage and the washer you describe. Not doing that just makes it certain the target will loosen up and perhaps fall apart during a match. Learned that the hard way from experience.

Philip,

Here's a link to Brad's original write up. It actually was listed on the AAFTA page years ago, but didn't make it over when the upgrade happened. Scott Hull also had a great writeup on Gamo mods.

Brad talking about doing the same thing to the Air Venturi Rat on the Run targets

Greg

Reactions: tjmac