• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rat sniper 53 grain rbt

Shot about 50 of these today. @ 50 yards I got erratic groups of about 1-1/2 inch ctc. Lubed and unlubed. So I passed a few through my .299 noe sizing die and they barely had any friction on a lot of them. That’s a tad too small for the Evanix barrel. I knurled a few with the only file I had available and the groups did tighten up, however, not to my liking. I later found some more coarse files in my shop and knurled about 14...2 mags worth and will try them tomorrow if possible. The fact that they did tighten up a bit when knurled gives me hope. I emailed mike to give him a heads up and perhaps check his die size. Waiting to here back.

Hey Dale... I put the slug between two files of equal depth... medium or coarse., usually medium. Roll back and forth a few times with the top file.. rolls the bullet between the two files. I’ve done this on several of my slugs that weren’t shooting just quite right. Tightened up my groups. I try to give a bullet a fair shake, shooting fast, slow, sized,lubed and unlubed. Last resort, I knurl them. If non of the above work, I figure it’s the wrong design for my particular twist rate. Sometimes, like you’re 24 grain .22 and 33 and 45 grain .25 swagged, it’s just drop in accurate in my guns. 

Haven’t heard back from mike but hope to.