rat shooting after 6 months

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Finally return to the farm where there were lots of rats after 6 months of absence. I only got 3 rats on my last visit and owner had told me the rats activity was minimum.

Well, they have since recovered and I was busy this night dropping them left, right and centre. My HW100T with Pard008LRF was performing well again. The rats collected were fed to the coyotes in the area. Stay tune to my next video: Coyote #4.

Thanks and enjoy this one.

Last edited:
@Max115 Love those 50 yard shots. What was your air pressure when you arrived? How low do you generally shoot down on your HW100? I can’t recall if it’s regulated or not. On unregulated guns are you in the habit of shooting them down to a low pressure? I ask because I didn’t notice you using different holdovers when the pressure got low which makes me think the gun is regulated. Another question, does your rangefinder on your Pard008 use infrared? I’m surprised that the rangefinder light doesn’t scare the rats away when you put it right in their faces. Anyhow, good shooting. The rat population there appears to have really increased. Looks like there will be many more Ratata videos to come. 

@Ezana4CE. I fill my HW100T to 200Bar and I usually top off again after 2 magazines (28 shots). I am shooting the Baracuda and AA 16 gr and I get 28ft.lb at the muzzle. It is un older model and un-regulated. The LRF must be using the IR system (not too sure actually) and it doesn't seem to affect the rats at all. Since I have been shooting here for over a year now, I already knew the distances (roughly) where they come out. I recorded the LRF just to let viewers know the distances I was shooting them rats. I zeroed my gun at 25 yards and my holdover to 50 yards is about 3 mil dots and the close range is 3-4 mil dot hold over.

I came back to this farm in Nov after 6 months of absence as the rats population was low from all the previous shooting I did, plus the vegetation in the laneway was super thick. But now it is perfect to spot and shoot them rats again. I have been baiting the coyotes with the dead rats collected since my return and my trail cam had captured some great footages.

Stay tune for the Coyote#4 video this coming Friday Dec.24. Spoiler alert...I didn't get it, but hopefully you will enjoy and perhaps learn some valuable lessons that I did from this adventure. Thanks for watching.

@davelarson. lol, yup busy as bee and to be honest I don't have enough time to shoot at all the permissions that I currently have. There are a couple of locations that I haven't had the time to go for a while now as I only shoot once a week. I try to go to all of them but not possible. My priority now is to tag the coyotes that I have been chasing for a year now at Farm P with the recent permission from the owner to get rid of them. So I have been focussing on this farm with the rats shooting and baiting for the coyotes. Please stay tune for Coyote#4 video coming out on the 24th.

@FredWA. Thank you Fred. I am very humble and happy that my videos are reaching out to some of you on the forum. I do enjoy shooting and sharing my passion of air gunning. cheers.