RAPTOR .30

Story for late updates...mother is battling breast cancer. I’ve had my Raptor .22 TJ slug barrel for about 2 weeks now. It has exceeded all of my expectations so far. It took around 50 pellets for the barrel to settle in (Travis said anywhere from 50-500), Dillon would know as he has had a WARP also with TJ. The farthest I’ve shot it is 60yds and was 1/3” center to center perfect conditions with JSB 18.13 @ 960fps early in the break in. Trigger is Daystate like, light and crisp. The whole build is really solid, I call mine the vault..LOL! The adjustability of the AR platform makes it so simple to fit the gun to you. The tensioned barrel shroud is very rigid. I ordered mine with the TJ and 500cc tank which makes it a bit heavier than anticipated but still not heavy and balanced well. It is very quiet with the large air stripper and Tatsu. It is very efficient with air. Been trying to tune with slugs and have found one promising slug, a Griffin .217 22gr Dish base. Getting the outside adjustable regulator will definitely help aid in slug tuning as I do not know what reg pressure mind is set at, I think 120? I was able to get the Griffins to shoot @ 920ish and shot a 15 shot group that was 1/3” center to center @ 20yds (max distance ar my personal range)...tried Nick’s new .217 23gr Dish base, they fit much tighter in the breach plus the hollow point is much larger and could get them to 880...I think these need more speed to get better groups, time will tell. The magazines I received work perfectly and find no difference in this and single shot loading as far as accuracy is concerned. I have a DS Regal XL in .22, a Compatto in .22 and a AF Escape in .25, if I had to choose one to keep, it would be the Raptor hands down. Photos don’t do it justice, JSAR has built an incredibly robust PCP I am glad I purchased. Being one of the early buyers, they put everything on my rifle that they had in the site when ordering 6 months ago and now charge for extra for...did not charge me as some things were not available then, very very giving and accommodating. I felt so bad getting these custom add ones that I sent them a small gift and will do so in the future. I only know a couple of other manufacturers that you can call the owners and speak to. They warranty their builds for life, does any other manufacturer have this warranty? If you know Travis and Company, then you know the other builds he helped produce and this one is very similar with their own ideas...they are a custom Airgun manufacturer and that is what this Raptor is, a custom gun made to your specs. Has anyone seen Travis’s take apart on this build...very simple. Made here in America by Airgunners with a passion for producing great builds and only ship them out if it meets their criteria of accuracy and power.

Reactions: Loren
I won TJ Barrels in .223, .250, .257, and am currently building a .172. They are deadly accurate. Yes, a TJ choke-less barres will shoot pellets well.

the AAA's that won the EBR were equipped with the Tj's and that say a lot.

I have no doubt on the accuracy ability of the Raptors what so ever. The tensioned barrel system is a huge bonus. Exactly the opposite direction FX went with. If you understand what a tensioned barrel will do for accuracy, it is understandable some think it may very well out perform the imapct at long ranges with slugs.

This in in now way a dig at the Impact, one of my two holy grails. The other, the Raptor.

KnifeMaker. 

I felt so bad getting these custom add ones

Was about to message Travis that he can feel confident I won't feel bad if he includes any and all custom extras... lol,, jk

Sorry about your mom, been there. I pray for a speedy full recovery for her...

Thanks for that info, its similar to my buddy with a laser beam Raptor .22

acs, thank you...that is very kind and thoughtful of you 👍. Travis contacted me about how to adjust the striker and got more fps and better groups.

Sorry if you feel offended. I missed where it lists the rifle and barrel used in that rifle... my bad. I think it’s called Extreme Big Bore. Looks like AirForce and Pitbull won...? AAA did well finishing second and third.

1572345776_8532964465db817b0af09b1.49549997_9F360BF4-8334-4ABF-88E1-E0137E7ECE55.jpeg

Yep, oooops... maybe he’s talking about 2018? PA cup was won by Justin Welch shooting a .30 FX Impact. And I already posted the Big Bore EBR results above. Not sure what else to say. The results were 2019 in the current universe, not an alternative universe that I can’t contact... In order to get the rest of us in touch with that universe, a link would be appreciated showing those results? Or just maybe he time travelled to the future?