RAW Rapid Rapid Air Worx models question

Bench rest models do not have safety feature on triggers. I understand that their trigger springs are a bit lighter and with even less power the trigger breaks.

Breach sealing is not metal to metal contact rather they might use delrin for sealing at the breach end.

Transfer ports are rotatable.

I may be wrong in some of my understandings.

These are single shot models.

Bhaur

Bench rest models do not have safety feature on triggers. I understand that their trigger springs are a bit lighter and with even less power the trigger breaks.

Breach sealing is not metal to metal contact rather they might use delrin for sealing at the breach end.

Transfer ports are rotatable.

I may be wrong in some of my understandings.

These are single shot models.

Bhaur
I remove the safety on both of mine. Very simple removing a pin and it comes out.

( Non X guns )
Yes TM & BM Std or X models use the same trigger parts, the TM/BM is sprung a lot softer and has NO safety.
Valve are Delrin seat / steel poppet.
Single shot breech with probe sealed via delrin wedge.
TM traditionally was an Air Tube & BM a Bottle with stocks made accordingly to fit.
Recent years we were seeing a lot of bottled TM's

( X guns )
Trigger heavier sprung w/ safety
Valve are Brass seat & Delrin poppet head into a steel stem
Different breech block ....
Can take a magazine or SST, has finger cut outs on all HM for ease of single loading.
Probe is spring loaded and seals metal to metal against barrel / thimble.
Has a larger diameter as well longer plenum ( Original X is smaller than Current X guns )
Receiver has a longer support depth where barrel slides in and in many instances Std & X fitment does not interchange w/o some clearance corrections or machining. ( pending which way your going )
ALL are Bottle guns
Use heavier HAMMERS than TM/BM/HM standards

EITHER can have a Thimble at barrel leade if ordered that way. ( might be a production thing now ? )
All STANDARD TM/BM stocks interchange on the action so long as correct for an air tube or bottle fitment.
All X action stocks interchange best I know.
* Standard and X stocks while fitting receiver differ in there length of pocket forward of barrel at breech connection ( X is longer than Std )
Use of non OEM model types can be done with wood cutting / modification if needing too ... but really not something most would consider doing.

Likely something I missed :rolleyes:

They have made TMX as well BMX variants as well other combos. Years past as special order, if it was used somewhere in the production line up it could be ordered as a hybrid utilizing bits here and bits there making a custom gun.

Last edited:
Would u still be able to use a mag with that build?
Do the thimbles require the tm/bm probe system?
Generally ... thimbles in the RAW have an outside flange with an o-ring sealing it against receiver. As such there smooth faced extending into the Magazine slot the thickness of the flange making a mag no longer usable if done as an upgrade / retrofit. Any RAW thimble on any model action best i know.

All the variations in thimble design, Mags and changes in there width could vary ??? WISH to get down to specifics ... CALL Martin in Tenn ;)

Generally ... thimbles in the RAW have an outside flange with an o-ring sealing it against receiver. As such there smooth faced extending into the Magazine slot the thickness of the flange making a mag no longer usable if done as an upgrade / retrofit. Any RAW thimble on any model action best i know.

All the variations in thimble design, Mags and changes in there width could vary ??? WISH to get down to specifics ... CALL Martin in Tenn ;)
Wonder why they still use the delrin valve bodies in the tm and bm

That goes back the the theoben mk2 days.