Rapid Air Works NEW PISTOL!

Reactions: L.Leon
https://www.ergoair.net/shop/ergo-air-fox-bat-retro-rigid-grip/

https://royalarms.com/shop/ar-1516-grip/

okay the grip i have here i got from Royalarms and the grips at the other place are crud by comparison and more expensive

here is the grips on a Buck Rail grip frame or a Chaser

i have had my grips for 7 or 8 years
SAM_0401.JPG
SAM_0400.JPG

The founder and owners of RAW were at the Arlington Sportsmans Club FT match yesterday, so I had an opportunity to not only catch up with John and Martin, between whom I've known for close to a half-century, but get a few more details about the new RAW pistol straight from the sources.

When John told me they had gotten SIXTY foot pounds out of it, I replied "Of course with the 15" barrel; in .25?" He replied, "No, .22." :oops:🤯

Being (myself) ignorant of ARs, it makes perfect sense that, rather than offering multiple grip configurations they'd manufacture themselves, RAW decided to let the AR aftermarket 'handle' (pun intended) that manufacturing complication with (apparently) a wide range of grip size, shape, and configuration offerings for ARs by SIMPLY building the new pistol to accept AR grips. I've yet to explore those offerings, but John says there are plenty; ranging from basic to (at least semi-) target style. SMART!

John also mentioned they are (at least considering) offering the pistol in TM configuration; meaning chamber-TUBE rather than chamber-BOTTLE. Given barrel-lengths available from 8-15", this longtime handgun hunter sees visions of a 10" barreled, chamber-tubed, 30 foot-pounds(ish) hunting pistol in .22-25 caliber as a(nother) mouth-watering possibility.🤪

In response to my prying as to whether the pistol is actually available for purchase NOW it sounds like not really; but imminently. That measured response was followed by another suggesting an actual ORDER for one might be all it takes to make it happen. Relating to that, I heard nothing to suggest RAW has experienced any 'reservations' (pun intended, again) about the pistol being a (at least semi-) custom order proposition. Had I the fiscal resources I'd find out for certain tomorrow (Monday) with a phone order; however (unfortunately) I don't.🥹

Be aware SIXTY foot pounds in .22 is just the new gun's capabilities; not to be confused with what most saner folks than me might care for. And while ten-meter pistol power levels might not make much sense for a pistol of such MAGnitude, neither is it difficult to reduce power to any degree(s) in any PCP.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank John, Martin and Jeff for sharing "the inside scoop" with The Worst Airgun Gossiper On Earth. I assume they've done so realizing I'm incapable of keeping secrets. So hopefully I've violated no trust or confidence with my blabbering here. But if so, my apologies.

How goes that saying?

'Tis easier to ask forgiveness that seek permission'.

Last edited: