• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

*** rapid air weapons regulators adjusting them ***

guys have any of you adjusted the regulators on your rapid air weapons air rifles.?

if so I would like to hear from you guys that did. and what tools did you need and are there any safty precauations you had to follow.

like was or is there any air in the gun once the bottle is removed?

do you need to dry fire the gun once the bottle is removed to expel air so its possible to take the reg out? or is that not needed?

im looking to take my gun down from 920 fps with jsb 10.3 down to 800 fps with same pellet.

can any of you guys help me out.. pics would be nice of what to do or any help at all what to do as reguards of me getting my fps down.

im really not sure how to go about this as I cant send it back to martin.... im just too far away.

thanks in advance guys for your help.

First you must remove the bottle, fill port sleeve, then regulator. The adj 0f the reg is done in small turns of the nut and holding the Allen screw on the end. Use very small movements. You must put reg back in to test pressure. To test - the plug on the bottom of the action is removed and a gauge installed. Replete till u get where you want it.

Having said that - you can also shorten the hammer spring and adjust the plug on the back of the action to get same results.

1533090340_8812516895b611a245ed750.56043935_rar reg.jpg

I have adjusted mine. It is the same as adjusting a regulator on an FX (Royale for instance). Ernest has some Youtube videos on adjusting an FX reg.

A tip........ The knurled is not tight, just snug. If it moves it will change the pressure as well. So keep it in place and try to only move the end nut.

So when I adjusted mine (HMX) I just pulled it and tweaked it trial and error. I did purchase this hose to run to the plug like the youtube video above. I was going to run it reverse to the bulk fill bottle gauge to read reg pressure and be able to blow down the pressure with the bleed screw on the bottle reg. A gauge in North America is generally NPT threads. Screwing a gauge straight into the gun plug needs adapters to BSPP threads. I have never had a chance to use it because my reg is perfect now.

A little goes a long ways. I would only turn a max of 1/8 turn at a time. The RAW is easy to pull down, but be comfortable/safe before you jump into it. Pressure kills!

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Thread_Converter_for_AirForce_Sporting_Rifles_2_ft_Microbore_Hose/2778

dirte. thanks for that information.. I do have a reg test.. I just bought best fittings theoben reg tester.....I did have the bottle off but not the reg out yet.

heres what I bought did any of you see or use this reg tester? looks to be one of the better ones out theres as it uses the buddy bottle on the gun for pressure.i haven't used it yet guys

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/fill-probes-adaptors/best-fittings-theoben-rapid-7-reg-tester/

Description

Brand new BEST Fittings design. Theoben Rapid Regulator Output Pressure Tester with push button bleed. No gun charging cylinder required, fully self sufficient with just your buddy bottle. An essential accessory for checking your Rapid 7 regulator output. They are a must if you wish to check your reg, change calibre or just turn the reg down for more shots per fill.

Operating Instructions.

1. Clamp the unit in a vice, soft jaws advised to avoid marking.
  2. Screw in your Rapid7 Regulator utilising the standard action sealing ‘O’ ring.
  3. Now screw your buddy bottle into the regulator body, and the regulated pressure will be displayed on the precision gauge.
  4. Unscrew the bottle one complete turn, and you can now bleed the regulator chamber using the simple push button bleed.
  5. Fully demount the buddy bottle.
  6. If you need to make any adjustments to your regulator, you can do this now, and then re-check using the above procedure.
    [/LIST=1]

As a guide, 1/8 of a turn of the regulator lock-nut increases or decreases the output by 5-10 BAR

I dont have one in front of me but dont you check the reg on your rig by removing the blanking plug and screwing in an air gauge? 

And I dont know the tester you linked ( didnt show) but I was think 99% of "dr.bob's" stuff predates the new raw designs suppling upgrades theoben didnt offer, foster , ... .

Seems like your looking at a tester for an MFR?

Unless it's changed just need any quality gauge.

John

hi spysir.. no that tester is mabe by best fittings and not dr bobs.

and as for it fitting the raw... yes it does because martin at raw told me so.

as far as I know this reg tester is the fastest and best way to check reg pressure. as the rg got to come out of the gun no matter what to adjust the reg pressure.

the threads are the same for the theoben reg as the raw reg. so martin told me im good to gohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YgH3tU0I4E

here it is in action

hey guys an up date here. I bought the reg tester but haven't had the chance to use it yet. had a bad back. herniated disc and lung infection has keep me down. hopeing to get at it some time in the near future. any one since adjusted their reg on their raw rifles. and if so how did it go.

I tune RAW rifles on a regular basis ... Put PEEK seats in the spool end etc, rebarrel & do caliber changes, make custom Light hammers & SSG devices.

All these change require you to have test gauges to find where the guns bell curve sweet spot is, then removing the reg and setting to that sweet spot.

one could do it guessing / trial & error ... but DAMN what a lot of time doing so !

Also have the BEST Fitting Theoben reg tester and it is a MUST HAVE if wanting a speedy way to change & test pressure quickly.

PRESSURE WARNING?? does any one know after you take the bottle off a raw is there still pressure in the regulator? and of so how do I get rid of the pressure.

I heard you could dryfire the gun with the bottle partly unscrewed or something but im not sure. never done this before I don't want to break or ruin any thing.

I just don't want pressure in the gun after the bottle is off. I don't want to hurt my self with hp air. hope someone knows thanks guys

The gun is pressurized. I removed the bottle the first time and then the plug on the bottom. As I was removing the plug, the oring blew out and depressurization the gun. If I ever have to do it again, I’ll remove the bottle, then dry fire it. That should relieve enough pressure to vent normally through the plug.

so your saying even though if I bleed all the pressure off the gun buy unscrewing the bottle.. theres still going to be pressure left in the regulator with the bottle off the gun?

I didn't think pressure could still be in the gun with the bottle completely off?